Thursday, July 6, 2017

Just the Thing

Book Review of Just The Thing (The Donnigans Series)



Title: Just The Thing


Series: The Donnigans Series


Author: Marie Harte 


Date Published: July 4th 2017


Date Read:  July 5, 2017 


The Blurb:

A FLING MIGHT BE JUST THE THING...

Gavin Donnigan left the Marine Corps a shell of a man, hounded by guilt for deaths he couldn't prevent. But teaching a self-defense class at the local gym brings some stability to his life―along with a gorgeous leggy woman who won't give him the time of day.

Zoe York lost her twin sister to a freak car accident a few months ago. She's been struggling to bury her grief, but it isn't until she signs up for a self-defense class with its distractingly hot instructor that she begins to come out of her shell again. With the memory of her sister telling her to live a little, Zoe decides a fling with buns-of-steel Gavin Donnigan might be just the thing.

Soon they're sparring both in and out of the gym. And for the first time in a long time, each is looking forward to tomorrow.


My Review



4.5 Sexy Charming Gavin Stars




Let me start this review by saying that cover is so much yummy eye candy! Thumbs up to whoever picked this cover it's the best lol! Just sayin'! I loved Gavin back when I read his big brother, Landon's book, A Sure Thing. Gavin was just so goofy and playful that I was drawn to him. So when I seen his book on Netgalley I was so excited for him to get his HEA. Gavin was everything I had hoped for. I smiled a lot while reading this book. Gavin was so funny, charming, and omg sexy. I just loved him to pieces. The things that would come out of Gavin's mouth lol he was just so goofy! Zoe was sassy, bossy, and so serious. It was fun watching her loosen up with Gavin and get playful. I loved that Zoe was so open and outspoken. I thought Zoe and Gavin made a cute couple. They had such great chemistry together in and out of the bedroom. This book touches on some serious issues like loss, PTSD, and survivor guilt. Reading about the pain Gavin, and at times Zoe, was dealing with really pulled on my heartstrings but, for the most part this book just really made me smile and laugh. I enjoyed getting to see the whole Donnigan family again. They are just so loving, supportive, and fun. Ava and Landon are still happy and cute and I loved getting to check in on them. I can't wait for Gavin's sister Hope to get a book! I am seeing a tattooed yummy in her future! 




No comments:

Post a Comment