Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Promise Me

Book Review Promise Me  (Defiant MC Series)



Title: Promise Me

Series: Defiant MC Series

Author: Cora Brent

Date Published:  April 10th 2014

Date Read:  July  04, 2015

The Blurb:
Promise Talbot needs to escape. 
Forced into a polygamous marriage to a sadistic man, she grabs a desperate opportunity to flee his clutches. 
And falls into the world of the Defiant Motorcycle Club. 

Grayson Mercado seethes with the injustice of a long imprisonment for a crime he did not commit. Finally free, he is trying to make a life among his new brothers. Everything changes when a battered young woman approaches him, begging for help. 

Promise and Grayson couldn’t be more different. 

But the collision of passion and danger will spark a love written in their fates.


 My Review




5 You looked like my last hope Stars


“Fuck, it hurts to see you in pain. I just want to take it all away.”

Promise me is the second book in the Defiant Motorcycle Club series, and it was so damn good. It is longer than the first book which I loved, and gave me all of the things the first book lacked. I feel I really got to know these characters, and see their relationship develop. I will warn everyone, and say that the heroine is raped and beat in this book by her worthless evil bastard of a husband who is not the hero. 

What this book is about

Promise was born and raised in a polygamous religious cult called Faithful Last Disciples and Saints. Promise is being forced to marry a evil sadistic man, who already has 4 wives. She thinks about running away like her cousin Rachel did to escape the marriage, but her uncle the "Bishop" who is also Rachel's father tells her if she doesn't marry, her 16 year old sister Jenny will take her place, so she stays. On her wedding night she realizes what a big mistake that is when her evil husband beats her, and rapes her a number of times. The next day her husband has a business trip, and takes her with him so he can beat and rape her some more. While on the trip her husband lets her know that Jenny has been married off while they were gone to a older man from a sister cult. Feeling sick over all of it she tells her husband she has to use the bathroom, and she runs into the local Burger King. When she gets inside she see two men wearing leather cuts that say Defiant on them, and she remembers her Cousin Rachel was with a man wearing the same cut. Knowing she has nothing to lose she ask one of the men named Grayson to help her and take her to her cousin Rachel. He helps her, but can she make a normal life for herself? Will she ever see her sister Jenny again, or will her husband find her, and make her pay for running ?

“And there’s nothing anyone could say to make me think badly of Grayson. Nothing.”

Grayson:



Grayson is a true hero in every sense of the word. He helps Promise, protects her , and makes her feel safe. He is so damn sweet with her. He wants Promise, but fears she has lived through too much, so he offers her friendship and support. When they fall in love he gives her his whole heart holding nothing back. Always building her up, telling her how much he loves her, and how beautiful, amazing, and strong she is. He shows her the joys of being with a man, and earns her trust. I love Grayson!!!!!!!

“Hush,” he said, his voice rough and pained, “no one’s gonna hurt you. Not while I’m here. I promise. I promise.”


“My dick gets hard every time I see you. You’re so beautiful. No, don’t close your eyes. Look at how we are together. See the way my hands look on your body?”


Promise:




Wow did I love Promise. She is a total stand out character for me. Strong and brave, but soft and vulnerable too. Her background coming from a polygamous cult was new for me, not something I have read before. She doesn't want pity, and she doesn't want to lose anymore life to her past, and even thought she has demons and fears she doesn't let them keep her from starting a new life. I love her raw innocent honesty, she doesn't know to hold back and just says what she thinks and feels. I love that when she and Grayson get together she just lets herself feel and do. It's like girls gone wild! She helps Grayson too, showing him that he is a great man, with a good heart. It's cute reading about her learning the joys of a free and normal life, wearing jeans, saying a cuss word, making love. 

“You hungry?” “I’m fucking starving.” He laughed out loud. “Since when do you talk like that?” “Since I fucking can.” He continued to laugh. “Well, don’t fucking overdo it.”


“I will not. I can’t have you saying you’re not a good man when you’re the only one I’ve ever known. I thought good men weren’t real. Gray, all that’s gone when I’m with you. All the terrible things fade away.”




“Gray,” I implored, “I need you inside me.” “You need me to fuck you, huh?” “Yes. I need you. I need your dick.” 


I found Promise me to be a beautiful love story. It is emotional and super sweet, but still smokin' hot too. Grayson and Promise are great together. Giving, loving, and building each other up. I felt very connected to them and their relationship. I enjoyed seeing more of Rachel, Casper, Kira and Orian. I loved the plot. It was something new to me, something fresh and interesting. And the ending OMG so sweet. Great read!


“That was a shitty day,” I agreed. “And yet I started to fall for you right there in the middle of my most bleak hour. You defied my abuser and gave me the strength to hope.” I leaned my cheek against his shoulder. “And in spite of everything, I wouldn’t trade all of that.”




No comments:

Post a Comment