Friday, February 20, 2015

Unexpected Fate

Book Review of Unexpected Fate (Hope Town Series)


Title:Unexpected Fate

Series: Hope Town

Author: Harper Sloan

Date Published: February 17th 2015

The Blurb: 
Have you ever felt like you were living your life for a future that was predetermined? Like there was some bigger picture you just prayed you would someday see clearly? That picture has been crystal clear to me since I was old enough to recognize it for just what it was.

Or I should say recognize him for who he was.

I’ve loved Cohen Cage since I was a small child. He’s been my everything for the last twenty-two years. I’ve loved him through every girlfriend he’s ever brought home. Through his college years and then mine. I’ve loved him through two deployments. And ever since the day I told him how I felt, he’s acted like I’m a stranger.

My name is Danielle Reid, and it’s time for me to get my man. 

Our future is an unexpected fate, and no matter what our parents, siblings, and friends say…it’s going to be worth every second of the fight to make it happen.
 


My Review


4.5 "Protect Dani from everything with a penis" mode Stars




OMG Fan girl Freak out !!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!! I am a huge fan of the Corps Security series, so to say that I was excited about Unexpected Fate would be a flippin understatement. I was over the moon to find out that Mrs. Harper Sloan was making a spin off series with the children of the couples I have grown to love. I had very high hopes for this book and I have to say it was everything I wanted and more. God did I love this book!!!

"Can't stop, Dani-girl. Now that I finally know what you taste like.... I can't stop,"

Cohen Cage:

Cohen grew up with Dani and even though she is a few years younger than he is, he has always wanted her, but because of their families being so close and with him being in the military, being sent overseas he doesn't act on it . Cohen for me was One sexy mofo. For real. He was protective, and brave, loving and playful, and all dominant yummy dirty talking alpha goodness!

"For years- years, Dani-you've been parading around this flawless body and teasing me with something I couldn't have. For weeks, we've been dancing around this attraction. I've had a taste, and now, I need my meal. So what we're going to do is get off this damn floor, walk out the back door, and I'm going to get your sweet little ass to my bed quickly. I mean it, Dani. Years I've thought about what your pussy would feel like with my cock deep inside you, and I'm not giving that up now."


"You silly girl," I laugh. "What are you so scared of? I'm not the big, bad wolf. Although, I wouldn't be opposed to eating you up." "Oh, God, that was corny," she chuckles. "You would like that though, wouldn't you ? Do you want me to eat you first, or do you want to be my Little Red Riding Hood and go for a long hard ride?" "Oh. God. Stop, Cohen. Those lines.... They're terrible."


"God, I hate that I can't be there to protect you. This is killing me, Dani. It goes against everything I feel to not rush to you."



Danielle Reid:

Dani grew up loving Cohen her whole life, she knows he is the man for her. She is just waiting for him to wake up and realize they are meant to be together. Dani for me was awesome , but I would expect no less from Izzy and Axel's little princess! She was strong , outgoing, sassy, playful and she is quite the little dirty talker herself!


"I don't think we have enough time to get into everything that I want from you, Cohen. Let's just put it this way. I want you. I want you and everything that comes with it."


"Do you want my cock?" I ask. "No," she pants. "I need your cock," she says breathlessly. "Fuck yeah, you do."


"I want your cock, husband. First, I want to lick you from your neck to your balls, and then I'm going to suck them deep until you're begging me to take your cock in my mouth." She pauses in her speech to lick one of her fingers before tracing her puckered nipple with it. "Then I'm going to fuck myself with your fingers. If you're a good boy, I'll let you lick them clean. And when your balls feel like they're about to bust from the power that your orgasm promises, I'm going to ride you until you come deep inside me." "Fuck yeah, you are," I growl and pounce. She jumps back, laughing, and I swallow her happiness when I take her mouth in a bruising kiss. "Fuck me, wife,"


This book was so hott. Dani and Cohen were panty meltin together. Their connection felt very strong and real. My heart broke with them when Cohen got shipped out. I felt Dani's heartbreak and sadness as she waited for Cohen. I felt Cohen's frustration at being overseas and not being able to be there for Dani to love and protect her. They were very cute together, in that life long friends to lovers way. 

"This isn't goodbye," he vows. "Never goodb-b-bye," I stutter. "It's 'see you soon'," he whispers. "Every time I close my eyes," I promise.


"But, Dani-girl, I'm also a selfish man, because even knowing all of that, it doesn't make a difference. It's you and me, baby. You and me against the world."


"Why the tears?" "I love you," she says, not answering me. "Dani. The tears." "I love you. That's why the tears. But if you plan on marrying me, you better ask me when you haven't just fucked me raw." I laugh, kissing her again, "Noted."



This book was funny as hell too. I was laughing from chapter one. I loved seeing all my old favorite couples especially Izzy and Axel. Lord Axel had me laughing so hard . He was over the top, too funny, over protective of Dani. It was also very cute to see Izzy and Axel as parents, still madly in love after all these years. And I was freakin dying over Axel and Cohen going head to head about Dani. 


"I didn't say that, Axel. I plan on marrying your daughter the first chance I get, but that is something that is between the two of us. I respect you enough that I had planned on coming to you privately to ask for your blessing, but I have to be honest with you- I will be marrying my girl whether you give that to me or not. With all due respect, I love your daughter and I couldn't really give two shits if you want to bless that or not."


"You didn't think I would be able to do it, did you?" he asks me. "Not for a second," I laugh. "If you make her cry one tear that isn't out of happiness, I'll cut your balls off," he warns. "Noted." "I'm proud of you, Cohen. Of the man you've grown to be and for the love you have for my girl. I mean it when I say that I couldn't have picked a better man for her myself."


Great read. Beautiful love story . I just adored the ending The only negative thing I have to say is that there is really starting to be a pattern. In Corps Security I seen a pattern to the story lines. That goes like this >>>>> Manwhore meets woman ,falls hard, someone has a crazy stalker, some how the woman ends up in the hospital fighting for her life, man is gutted , she pulls through, and they live HEA! I saw a little bit of it here too. I am worried that it will become to predictable getting old or boring. I will just have to see what the next book holds. 



No comments:

Post a Comment