Saturday, April 21, 2018

Love At Last

Book Review of Love at Last



Title: Love at Last


Series: Stand alone


Author: Claudia Connor


Date Published:  April 24th 2018 


Date Read:  April 19, 2018   


The Blurb:

How many times can you be unlucky in love before you decide it’s not luck, it’s you? 

I’m in love with someone else. With her ex-groom's words still ringing in her ears, Clare Franklin flies off alone to her would-be honeymoon. Forced to accept not everyone gets that happily ever after she’s always dreamed of, she’s done with men. Until she gets tangled up, quite literally, with one sexy veterinarian. 

The only thing Dr Deacon Montgomery wants is to share his surgical expertise and get back to his two year old twin daughters. But, the connection he feels with Clare highlights just how alone he really is and makes him wonder if he can be more than doctor and daddy. 

Long talks and moonlit walks under the rustle of palms has Clare thinking maybe she gave up on love too soon. Until one phone call from home changes everything. 

My Review


4 Tangled up in love Stars




Love at Last by Claudia Connor was a sweet, cute, and easy going read. I'm a huge fan of Claudia Connor and have been since I read Worth the Fall. She has a knack for writing sexy, sweet, and protective heroes that really stand out. Dr Deacon Montgomery was a yummy single dad and a vet. Good with kids and animals.... so swoon worthy! Deacon made the book for me. Clare on the other hand at times annoyed me. She was likable, but I felt she was too standoffish, for way too long. Some push/pull was understandable but she took to long to come around for my taste. Other than the few times Clare bugged me the read for the most part was very enjoyable. I found myself unable to put it down and I stayed up to 4am finishing it. I really liked Clare's bf Jess and her brother. I could totally see them as a couple. I kinda hope they get their own book. Another sweet read from Claudia Connor!









No comments:

Post a Comment