Thursday, March 15, 2018

Deadly Intent

Book Review of Deadly Intent (I-Team Series)




Title: Deadly Intent


Series: I-Team Series


Author: Pamela Clare


Date Published:  February 21st 2018


Date Read: March 12th 2018


The Blurb:


Secrets buried in the sand…

Former US Army Captain Mia Starr has built a new life for herself in Denver, far away from camel spiders and sand—and the terrible secrets of her first deployment to Iraq. She isn’t looking for a relationship, especially not with an intrusive photojournalist. Joaquin Ramirez might be sexy, but in her experience, photojournalists only want to make a buck off other people’s suffering. Still, the universe must have a sick sense of humor because it keeps throwing her together with Joaquin, making the desire she feels for him harder and harder to resist.

An undeniable attraction…

As a Pulitzer Prize-winning news photographer, Joaquin has everything a single straight guy could want—except the right woman. When he meets Mia while shooting a crime scene, he immediately sees beyond her cold exterior to the vulnerable woman beneath. Though the police consider her a suspect, he’s sure she’s innocent. Someone is killing soldiers—and trying to pin the blame on her. Unable to resist the pull between them, Joaquin stands by her only to find himself snared in the killer’s net as well. 

A twisted soul hungry for revenge…

Mia can’t help it when the heat between her and Joaquin melts away her preconceptions. As their passion explodes, danger draws ever closer. When it becomes clear that Mia is the killer’s true target, she must trust Joaquin with a secret that could ruin her … or risk losing the love of a lifetime.

My Review




4.5 Sexy Joaquin Stars



Deadly Intent, the 8th book in the I-Team series by Pamela Clare, was so yummy. Joaquin Finally got his book, and I am so happy about it. Joaquin has been a strong, sweet and supportive secondary character all through this series and I really wanted him to get a HEA! I have to say I was a little worried that Joaquin wouldn't stand out in a series full of sexy alpha males like Julian, Zach, Nate and super sexy Marc(my fav), but he totally held his own, while staying true to his character.



Joaquin was so sensual, passionate, and loyal. He didn't all of a sudden become a super kick-ass alpha, but he was still brave, strong and protective. I loved how different he was from the other heroes in this series. When all the others were law enforcement or military bad-asses, he was artistic, and creative. A photographer looking at life though his camera. I also loved having a sexy salsa dancing Latino hero. It's nice to have a hero of a different ethnicity for a change. Mia was strong, honest, and brave. I loved that she was a former Army Captain. I also loved that the author had Mia's character deal with sexual harassment while in the Army, but power through and stand up for herself. I love Strong heroines and Mia was very strong, but she was also vulnerable and sweet.


Joaquin and Mia had a strong almost instant connection. I loved that Joaquin didn't rush Mia because he wanted more than sex. There was tons of sexual tension in this book and Joaquin was sexy as hell. I loved how strong Joaquin was for Mia while not trying to undermine her, like she was some "helpless" girl. The plot of this book was good too, but I found it slightly predictable, as I figured out who the killer was within a few chapters. That didn't take away from my enjoyment of the read at all. I loved getting to see all of my favorites from past books. I love how close all the characters are and how attached I feel to them. I also want to say I really liked that Pamela Clare had Sophie still dealing with issues from the last book's terrorist attack. PTSD is very real and it was nice that everyone wasn't just all better in a blink of an eye. I am so glad I got this book from Netgalley. It was nice to live in the I-team world and see Joaquin find love. I really hope to get Matt's book soon!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment