Monday, January 29, 2018

Amish Widow's Hope

Book Review of Amish Widow's Hope (Expectant Amish Widows Series)



Title: Amish Widow's Hope 


Series: Expectant Amish Widows Series


Author: Samantha Price


Date Published:   February 18th 2016


Date Read:  January 28, 2018


The Blurb:

Newly widowed Amish woman, Anita Graber, has returned to live with her brother and his family in Lancaster County. As an expectant widow, she is quite surprised when everyone from the bishop's wife to her brother decides that her baby needs a father. Anita endures many embarrassing moments as she's forced into one awkward situation after another. Even though another man is the last thing on her mind, she finds a friend in her sister-in-law's brother, Simon. Anita wonders why everyone has rejected Simon as a suitable match for her. 

Will Anita finally convince everyone that she and her baby are happy on their own? 
Could the man that no one sees her with, be the very man who eventually captures her heart? 

This is the first book in a new series by best-selling Amish romance author, Samantha Price.



My Review




               2 I didn't like it Stars



Okay here is the deal... I just all around didn't like this book! I have read and liked plenty of Clean romances(meaning no sex) but I have never read a Amish romance. I thought I would give this book a try. Now I wish I hadn't. Right out the gate all the Amish language was annoying me. I had to try and figure out what each thing meant. Gott, Haus, Schweschder, Denke, Jah, Grossdaddi, Nee, Boppli, Vadder, Familye, Bruder, Wunderbaar, Fraa, Kinner, Gut, Dat, Mamm, Bu, Englischer, Mudder, Kaffe, Just to name a few. And of course there was no word key so my lazy butt had to look up all these words on google. 

On top of that I knew going into this book it would be a slow burn and most likely clean but there was no romance at all. Just Anita telling her brother over and over that she doesn't want a husband because her husband just died. Simon and Anita maybe spend like 2% of the book together and the rest of the book is about Anita living with her jerk of a brother Amos. Man did I hate Amos. He was a bully jerk who was rude to his brother n law, rude to his wife and rude to his sister. He just made me want to rip my hair out. I felt bad for anyone that had to be around Amos! The book skipped around a lot and was very superficial. There was no meat to the hero, heroine, or the plot. Overall I was just bored and annoyed. So yet just not my cuppa!





No comments:

Post a Comment