Saturday, November 11, 2017

Kavanagh Christmas

Book Review Kavanagh Christmas  (Kavanagh Legends Series)



Title: Kavanagh Christmas


Series: Kavanagh Legends Series


Author: Sarah Robinson


Date Published:  November 7th 2017


Date Read:   November 8, 2017 


The Blurb:

The heartfelt holiday conclusion to the Kavanagh Legends family saga revisits all the couples that readers have fallen in love with throughout the series. An angsty and loving Christmas novella, it’s the perfect goodbye to these Irish MMA fighters and a glimpse into what the future holds for them.


With the Christmas season fast approaching, the entire Kavanagh family is feeling anything but the holiday spirit. Commitments are questioned, relationships are tense, and bickering is nonstop. 

However, when a crisis strikes and the family realizes that they might lose one of their own, they’ll come together to remember the reason for the season is first, and foremost, love and family.


With their own heartwarming HEAs, Sarah Robinson’s Kavanagh Legends novels can be read together or separately:
BREAKING A LEGEND
SAVING A LEGEND
BECOMING A LEGEND
CHASING A LEGEND
KAVANAGH CHRISTMAS

My Review




3 Mixed emotions Stars





***Spoilers please don't read if you don't like 

spoilers***

Well I have been putting off writing this review for 3 days now. I have been trying to decide how to rate a book that had me all over the place with my emotions. I have loved the Kavanagh's since book one. All four of the books before this one and the novella got a 4 or 5 star from me. I was so looking forward to this book. I figured it would be a little cute Christmas novella that would make the way for Jimmy or Casey's book, but nope. I was so disappointed to read at the start of this book that this would be the last book of the series. That this book takes place years after the last book and would touch on the whole family and then wrap up the series. I was really looking forward to Jimmy's book and Casey's. So I started this book on a bit of a sour note knowing I wouldn't be getting two books I was looking forward to. A couple pages into the book and I was back into my happy little Kavanah world enjoying this big loud Irish family. I settled in for a nice sweet holiday story but instead I got some sweet with a lot of tears and heartbreak. Why Sarah Why???? I love Sarah's writing style and her yummy heroes but I couldn't handle all the sadness this book gave me. First off it felt like one long depressing epilogue. As this book starts years after Quinn's and then covers 12 years into the future. Though there was good stuff in this read like sexy time with my favorite couples, New babies, and new relationships(Casey and Jimmy)the heart break overshadowed all my happy feels. 



This was suppose to be a happy Christmas read I didn't want to read that Rory and Clare six year old son gets cancer and has to battle cancer for many years having to suffer pain and life long health issues from the chemo. Nor did I want to read about Seamus and Dee dying. OMG they are the heart of the family. I cried like for real I fucking cried. I have fell in love with big gruff Seamus and super mom Dee. They have been a big part of every single book in the series they can't die. They have to live forever and live HEA! Now because I did enjoy about half of the book I gave it 3 stars. But to be honest I felt sad and disappointed after I finished it and I really wished I hadn't read it in the first place so Dee and Seamus would still be alive in my head. Don't take my silly over emotional opinions on this book. I am definitely the minority in my rating and feelings since all my friends loved it.









No comments:

Post a Comment