Saturday, November 25, 2017

Hello Again

Book Review Hello Again  (Hanover House Series)



Title: Hello Again


Series: Hanover House Series


Author: Brenda Novak


Date Published:  November 2nd 2017 


Date Read:   November 24, 2017 


The Blurb:

From NYT bestseller Brenda Novak comes the next installment of Dr. Evelyn Talbot and her murderous home for psychopaths in Hello Again.


SHE CAN MAKE SENSE OF A COMPLEX CRIMINAL MIND.
Evelyn Talbot, a psychiatrist at a maximum-security prison in Alaska, studies some of the world's worst serial killers. But she’s about to meet her most elusive patient at Hanover House yet: Dr. Lyman Bishop, AKA the Zombie Maker given his fondness for performing ice-pick lobotomies on his victims. A brilliant cancer researcher, Bishop is either the most cunning psychopath Evelyn has ever encountered—or he is wrongly convicted.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A CRIMINAL CAN SEE INTO HER OWN?
When a new ice-pick fatality occurs, it seems Bishop really was wrongly convicted. Except...Evelyn has a personal connection to the victim and that suggests the killer may be someone from her own past: Jasper Moore, her high school boyfriend who tortured her and left her for dead when she was only sixteen. Jasper also murdered three of her friends—and was never caught. Is he trying to send a message with this copycat crime? The only thing Evelyn knows for sure is that if Jasper is on her trail, she might not be able to escape again . .
 

My Review




                  5 Suspenseful Stars





Wow this series just keeps getting better. Hello Again had me totally hooked. I was hanging on the edge and eager to sneak peeks ahead. I stayed up all night just to finish it. I feel Evelyn has really grown in this series from book 1. I also feel that Amarok and Evelyn's relationship has grown a lot too. The romance does take a back seat to the suspense but it's such a thrilling book that I don't even mind. Evelyn took some big steps in this book. I loved that she opened up more to Amarok and that she trust him completely. I really wish she would commit more fully to him though. Amarok was just as awesome as he has always been. I love me some Amarok. Although I will say I was a little annoyed at the whole ex girlfriend part of the plot. I was very upset that Amarok danced with Sam(his ex) even if it was just so he wouldn't hurt her feelings. I would have liked it more if he would have looked at her and said I don't want you go away lol childish I know. 



Poor Evelyn, she's got psychopaths coming for her at every turn. Not only is Jasper Moore (her high school boyfriend that tortured, raped and tried to kill her when she was a teen) still coming after her, she also had an ex coworker acting more like a prisoner than a psychiatrist, and she made an enemy out of the Zombie Maker. I have to say that being in Jasper's mind is so creepy. Knowing his plans and seeing him work his way into Evelyn and Amarok's life had me yelling at my kindle. I can't go into too much without spoiling it so I will just say that Jasper is a sick, sneaky, and crafty, sob. The ending ...omg....was so wrong. I needed more, and now I have to wait for the next book. I can't believe Brenda Novak is going to make us readers wait til next year to find out how it all turns out. Patience is not my virtue. Overall this book was well written, thrilling, and everything I have come to expect from Brenda Novak... I can't wait to see what happens next!



                            






No comments:

Post a Comment