Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Tempting Fate

Book Review of Tempting Fate (Colorado High Country Series)


Title: Tempting Fate

Series: Colorado High Country Series


Author: Pamela Clare


Date Published: June 29th 2017


Date Read:  July 10, 2017 


The Blurb:

A woman with no roots…


Naomi fled the cult-like nightmare of her childhood and learned to rely on one person—herself. Her resourcefulness keeps her alive during a catastrophe in the mountains, but it’s no help at all when it comes to Chaska Belcourt, the sexy EMT who saves her life. Raised to feel shame about her body and sex, she is putty in Chaska’s hands as he strips away her armor, exposing the vulnerable woman beneath, awakening desires in her that she’d been taught to ignore.

A kiss that changes everything…

Chaska Belcourt grew up on the reservation, the son of a hereditary Sun Dance chief. He left all of that behind for a new life in Colorado as an engineer with an aerospace firm and a member of the elite Rocky Mountain Search & Rescue Team. He doesn’t share his sister’s belief that fate led him to find Naomi. But from the first moment their lips touch, he can’t get enough of her. 

A love that transforms…

As the passion between them turns into something more, Chaska is forced to admit that his sister is right. There’s no other way to explain the depth of his feelings for Naomi—or the fact that he and his people might hold the key to unraveling the mysteries of her past. But she will have to learn to trust again before the two of them can find the answers she needs—and claim this once-in-a-lifetime love.


My Review




4.5 Finding her way home Stars



*May Have Mild Spoilers*

Tempting Fate, the 4th book in the Colorado High Country Series, was great. I have been wanting Chaska's book since book 1. If you go back to my reviews of the other 3 books in this series you will see I was like I can't wait for Chaska's book in each one lol. To say I was excited to see Tempting Fate on Netgalley would be an understatement. I was over the moon. And that cover.... OMFG that cover is drool worthy. That cover deserves a standing ovation!



Chaska was everything I wanted and more. He was sexy, smart, and brave. He helped others, was respectful, and was just all around panty melting yummy. He has a calmness to him that was very peaceful, but he could be fun too. I loved how much family and helping others meant to him. Chaska was just an all around great guy. I fell in love with Chaska in book 1 and my love for him grew with every book. Naomi was a fighter. She had a hard life and no one to support her but she fought to make a living for herself. I thought it was so cool that Naomi made jewelry. Naomi had some major insecurities about her self worth, her sexuality, and her talent. Naomi was sweet, talented and honest. She had a love and respect for wild life. From start to finish I felt Naomi really grew in this book. 


Chaska and Naomi were very sweet together. They had a lot in common and got along well. I loved that Chaska showed Naomi that it was okay to enjoy sex. That sex with someone that respects and cares for you can be a beautiful thing. I loved the build up of their relationship. I had a good laugh at the jalapeno incident. Chaska was so sweet and supportive of Naomi. Chaska wasn't the only one that was supportive of Naomi, the whole town came together to support her. I loved the friendship between Naomi and Winona. I would love for Winona to get a book.....hint....hint! I loved the Lakota aspect of this book. Being part Cherokee I love reading about the Native American heritage in any book. Especially when it's shown in a well researched and respectful way. I also loved getting to see the Rocky Mountain Search & Rescue gang and the past couples again. The HEA was awesome and very sweet. I would like to know if Naomi and her mom are going to have a relationship in the future though. Tempting Fate was a sweet, easygoing and entertaining read. I enjoyed every minute of it and I can't wait for the next book!





No comments:

Post a Comment