Monday, July 17, 2017

Blackthorne's Bride

Book Review of Blackthorne's Bride (Mail-Order Brides Series)



Title: Blackthorne's Bride

Series: Mail-Order Brides Series


Author: Joan Johnston


Date Published: July 25th 2017


Date Read:  July 14, 2017 


The Blurb:

Two years have passed since Josie Wentworth was bought from the Sioux for a gold watch and whisked back to England by Marcus Wharton, the Duke of Blackthorne. When Marcus breaks his promise to return Josie to America, she ends up as a maid in the home of his charming but neglected nephews. Once Josie’s long-lost family finds her, however, the suddenly wealthy heiress sets out to save the two boys from their indifferent uncle—and teach the duke a lesson in honor.


Learning that Marcus is seeking a rich American bride to save his estate, Josie plots to catch his eye—certain he’ll never recognize the beauty she’s become as the ragged captive he rescued. But Josie doesn’t wager on her marital charade taking a tender turn, as the nobleman she’s despised for years proves to be a very different man than she’s imagined. And there’s no denying his passionate caresses, as she falls deeper under the spell of a husband determined to claim her heart.
 


My Review



4.5 Reunited Stars




I was so excited to get Josie's story from Netgalley. Having read all the other books in this series and seeing the Wentworth family slowly get their HEA I couldn't wait to see how Josie's story played out. I wasn't disappointed. Blackthorne's Bride was my favorite book in the series. I'm sad that this will be the last of the series. I want to know what happens to the children. The children would make a great spin off series, and let us catch up with the parents...Hint! Hint!


Josie was great. She was brave, smart, and caring. Marcus was kind, protective, and sexy. He had some abandonment issues and just wanted to be loved. Josie and Marcus were great together. They had a strong connection. I loved getting to catch up with Miranda, Hannah, and Hetty. I also really liked Marcus's sister Lark. On the other hand I couldn't stand Marcus's first wife, and I thought his best friend was a crappy friend. This book was lower on the action, and angst, and more about the romance and a sweet family reuniting after years of being separated. I loved everything about this book. The only reason it's not a full 5 stars is because I felt the ending was rushed and I would have liked a little more of an epilogue.





No comments:

Post a Comment