Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Haven

Book Review of Haven (Beards & Bondage Series)


Title: Haven


Series: Beard & Bondage Series


Author: Rebekah Weatherspoon


Date Published: April 25th 2017


Date Read:   June 18, 2017


The Blurb:

A week-long getaway…


City girl Claudia Cade's carefree life is plunged into chaos when a camping trip with her brother in the national forests of Northern California turns into a deadly dash for her survival.

A solitary world turned upside down…

Nature photographer Shepard Olsen has resigned himself to a quiet existence, with only his dog by his side, until a woman in need of his protection shows up on his doorstep and throws his universe into disarray.

Two lives linked by tragedy…

Claudia is desperate to heal from her traumatic loss, but can’t stop thinking about her run-in with evil….or the grizzled mountain man whose quick thinking and good aim saved her life. When she shows up on Shep's doorstep again, she finds she isn't the only one who can't move on.

…saved by bliss.

The two begin an intense, passionate relationship of Dominance and submission, pleasure and pain, but with dark memories haunting them and decisions about the future rapidly approaching, Claudia can’t help but wonder...how long can they be each other's haven?

*** WARNING: This book contains a sexual relationship between a fashionista and a cranky mountain man who are dealing with physical and emotional trauma. And a very big, cuddly dog.***


My Review



    3.5 Grumpy Mountain Man Stars





Haven is the first book I have read from Rebekah Weatherspoon and I enjoyed it. I love me some rugged mountain men and Shep was yummy. I thought Shep was broody, and sexy but at times I wondered why he would respond to things the way he did. What I mean is there were times where I felt like he was grumpy for no reason. Claudia was great. She was sweet, honest, sassy, and game for some kinky time. I will say I didn't like that she went all wishy washy towards the end. The reason this book was a 3.5 star and not higher is because it was too light on development side for me. There is tons of kinky sex, maybe too much(if that is a thing lol), but I would have liked more character and plot development. I would class this read as Erotica more than Romance. It was hot Erotica though and it did have a HEA, but I felt the ending was rushed. Still overall this was an entertaining read with hot smexy time, and likable characters.




No comments:

Post a Comment