Saturday, June 10, 2017

Fierce Obsessions

Book Review of Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack Series)



Title: Fierce Obsessions


Series: The Phoenix Pack Series


Author: Suzanne Wright


Date Published: June 13th 2017


Date Read:   June 6, 2017


The Blurb:

When raven shifter Riley Porter was given sanctuary by the Phoenix Pack, she let them believe she had left her flock. Reluctant to divulge the secrets of her past, she was still embraced as family. Only Tao Lukas, the protective and passionate Head Enforcer of the pack, was resistant to the enigmatic shifter. Until Riley started to arouse in him something other than suspicion.


Tao doesn’t trust lone shifters, especially ones so guarded—and tempting. But the sexual tension between them is making them both come undone, and vulnerable to more than desire. All Tao wants is for Riley to stay with him and to trust him with the truth of her past.

As Riley’s mysteries come to light, so does a danger that threatens not only her life but the safety of the entire pack. For Tao, keeping Riley safe means keeping her close—forever—as his mate.
 


My Review




4 Tao yum Stars


"They're just tits, Tao." He hadn't realized he'd been staring at them until then. Tao forced his eyes back to hers. "Your nipples are hard." "So is your cock."-Riley and Tao


* May have mild spoilers*

As a huge Suzanne Wright fan I tend to read every book of hers that I come across. So when I seen and grabbed Fierce Obsessions from Netgalley I did a little happy dance. When I seen it was Tao's book I did a happy squeal. Like always Suzanne Wright delivered a great read that made me laugh out loud and kept me happy for hours. I have been wanting Tao's book for a while now. I have loved him, Ryan, and Dom since book 1. Now I just need Dom's book and all will be right in my world. I wouldn't mind Trick's book too. I can't wait to see if Trick ends up mated to a male or female. 

"I swear I can still taste you. Still feel you squeezing my cock. If you expect me to walk away and forget what it's like to be in you, tasting you, exploding deep inside you, you're out of your mind."-Tao

Tao was Tao. I already loved him. As a reader of this series I have had many books to get to know Tao and fall in love with him. He was just as great in this book as he was in the others. Strong, outspoken, fiercely protective, loyal, and sexy as hell. Riley was great too. She was funny, laid back, had a sassy mouth, was a kick ass fighter, at times a little closed off, but protective of those she loved. Riley and Tao together had me laughing so hard. They picked on and fought with each other like foreplay. I thought it was hilarious that Riley would steal Tao's things and make up random statistics. They had a great relationship build up and a strong connection. The passion was of course great because Suzanne Wright knows how to write some smokin' hot smexy time. 

"Good. Now on to the next thing: where's my watch, Riley? I had it yesterday morning." She raised an imperious brow. "Oh, I see, because ravens like to collect shiny things, you think I took it?" "No, I think you took it because you took it. You always steal my shit." He pointed to the iPad on the dresser, proving his point. "Borrow, I borrow your stuff." "Without my permission, which makes it stealing." "Only if you want to get technical about it."- Tao and Riley



"You're not listening to me, are you?" Blinking, Riley looked up from her seat at the breakfast bar. "I am," she lied. "Oh yeah?" said Tao, doubt heavy in his voice. "What did I just say?" She pursed her lips. "I'm still processing it." "What exactly are you processing?" "Let's not revisit the past, Tao."-Tao and Riley

I really loved getting to catch up with all the past couples and the kids. Trey and Taryn are of course my all time favorite couple of the series still, but they are just so epic. I enjoyed Riley's uncles. I kinda wanted them to join the Phoenix pack too. I really loved the kids Dex and Savannah. They just have such cute personalities. There was plenty of ass kicking action in this book to keep it from getting boring. I really loved that Riley was kicking ass with the best of them. I especially loved how when some one pissed her off she would just grab em by the throat. The throat grab upped her bad ass points in my book. Overall a great addition to this series. I can't wait for the next book. Here's hoping it's Dom. 

"I'm thinking about fucking your mouth, to be exact." "Of course you are," she said drily. "You're a boy. Boys are delusional." He smiled. "You're not going to let me feel what it's like to slide my cock in your mouth? That doesn't seem fair. I go down on you all the time." "Oh, I won't deny you eat pussy like a champ." He laughed. "Like a champ?" "Totally. But you know, over seventy percent of erectile dysfunction cases are caused by having too many blow jobs." "They are not." "They could be,"-Tao and Riley





No comments:

Post a Comment