Sunday, June 4, 2017

Craving Absolution

Book Review of Craving Absolution (The Aces Series)


Title: Craving Absolution

Series: The Aces Series


Author: Nicole Jacquelyn


Date Published: July 19th 2014


Date Read:   November 1, 2015


The Blurb:

Farrah Miller and Cody “Casper” Butler have a longstanding relationship that both refuse to discuss.


It isn’t romantic.

It may not even be classified as a friendship.

Casper’s been saving Farrah from herself for longer than he’d care to admit, watching silently as she drowned herself in alcohol. Then, when she finally got her act together, he left. He told himself he was giving her time to sort herself out. He tried to give her space.

But getting shot in the chest can change a man’s perspective, and Casper’s done waiting.

When he shows up on her doorstep one night, everything changes.

He’s the man who’s seen her at her very worst.

She’s his weakness.

He runs when things get hard.

She never lets anyone see below the surface and is terrified of being abandoned.

He knows it’s a long shot, that there’s a good chance she’ll never drop her guard for him—but he has to try. Because a life with Farrah is exactly what he wants—even if he has to fight her for it.


My Review



3 Man up Stars



*Some Spoilers*

“I am in love with you,” he said. “There is not one thing I wouldn’t do for you. I’d kill for you. I’d die for you. No hesitation, no question. Do not ever compare me to Echo again. That man is dead, and he isn’t worth the dirt he’s buried under. Do you understand me?”-Cody

So going into Craving Absolution, the 3rd book in The Aces series, I really thought I was going to have a problem with Farrah. She was a flaky mess in the last book, so just knew she would be the problem, but I was wrong . I loved Farrah. Felt bad for Farrah. It was Cody I had the problem with in this book. Damn if I didn't wanna slap the shit out of him. He was such a little bitch, running and shutting down every time things got hard. He kept telling Farrah how he loved her, and how he was always gonna be there for her, she could depend on him. Breaking down all her walls. Then every time she really needed him, he wasn't there for her. And I don't mean he was down the street and she needed him, and he just didn't know, I mean he walks out on her, or throws her past in her face, or sides with someone else over her. Hell even Grams had a couple come to Jesus moments with him. Cody really needed to Man the fuck up.

“You wanted this, Cody. You waited her out and you chased her, now you’ve got her. But you need to remember that she’s a lot softer than she lets on. Today’s been a hard day for her, moving into a new place without Callie and Will. She’s dealt with a lot in her lifetime, spent years protecting herself from people she shouldn’t have had to. It takes quite a bit for her to trust someone.” She paused for a moment, the air heavy with tension. “It doesn’t take much to break that trust, son. You keep that in mind before you go leaving her again when she needs you.”-Gram



“You took her side,” I whispered, hating myself for sounding like a whiny little girl, but unable to let it go. “Won’t happen again,” he promised. “My loyalty is to you, even when you’re being a bitch. It’s always you, Ladybug. Forgive me?” “I wasn’t being a bitch,” I replied sullenly. “She was trying to protect me, baby. Her heart was in the right place,” he told me gently, but my body still stiffened beneath his. “Let me finish. Her heart was in the right place, but it won’t happen again. She knows not to do that shit again.”-Farrah and Cody

Farrah has had such a hard life, I just wanted a hero for her to show her that she was worth loving, and be strong for her. What I got was a jerk that turned his back on her so much that their whole relationship was her waiting for him to leave her. And one of the times she needs him the most, she is so sick with appendicitis while pregnant puking her guts out (He doesn't know she is pregnant because when she told him she needed to talk to him, he told her later and went to the club and stayed there all night, cause once again he was having a hard time with something and was shutting down) So he walks in seeing her laying against the toilet puking til the point where she can't talk or lift her head, and instead of asking if she is ok, he figures she went back to her old partying ways. He calls her a druggie, tells her he is done with her shit and walks out again. She has to crawl to her cell and call Gram. He almost costed her and the baby their lives. Does he learn his lesson then, Hell no. What I expected was a sexy kick ass biker, rough around the edges, but loves his woman, what I got was a little boy trying to play like he was a grown ass man.

“You left her like this? What the hell is the matter with you?” “I didn’t—” I felt my chest heaving, unable to catch my breath. “I thought—” “Goddamn it, Cody,” Gram said tersely as the sounds of an ambulance grew closer. “I warned you! I specifically warned you about taking off when she needed you.” Her voice rose with every word. “You can’t keep running off when shit gets hard!”-Gram and Cody



“I want you to fucking talk to me! I want to know what’s bothering you, for Christ’s sake!” I raised my hands in front of me, palms up in supplication. “Why do you keep doing this?”-Farrah

I didn't really want Farrah to forgive Cody so easily, and I had a really hard time with their relationship. Some of it was good, but then Cody would act like a dick and piss me off, so I couldn't get real invested in their love. Cody gave me whiplash the way he flipped from nice guy to self absorbed prick. I was just done with all the unnecessary drama that Cody caused. I did enjoy Farrah and the other parts of the story that it was still a 3 star read for me. I loved Gram and Lily in this book, and Slider even redeemed himself a little in my eyes, although I still don't care much for him, since he cheated on his wife with a club whore and got her pregnant when his wife couldn't have children. I hate cheaters! Cam was adorable, and brave. The parts with little Will and Farrah were too damn cute for words. Over all an okay read. I didn't hate Cody, but I sure didn't like him. I hope the next one is better. 

“Hey, handsome,” she called sleepily, moving her hands out of my armpit. “Did you get any sleep?” I shook my head, and couldn’t help but smile as she crinkled her nose at me. Why was that so fucking cute? “You’ve just been watching me sleep like a creeper?” “Pretty much.” She thought about it for a minute, then smiled and nodded. “I’m okay with that.”-Farrah and Cody



No comments:

Post a Comment