Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Doctor's Redemption

Book Review of The Doctor's Redemption (Shadow Creek Series)


Title: The Doctor's Redemption

Series: Shadow Creek Series


Author: Victoria James


Date Published: May 22nd 2017


Date Read:   May 21, 2017


The Blurb:

Gwen Bailey has been busy taking care of everyone but herself. After a tragedy tore her family apart, she put her dreams aside to be with family. Now that her life is getting back on track, and her new Chocolaterie is open, she can concentrate on snagging the handsome, mysterious customer who has her dreaming about her own happily-ever-after...


Doctor Luke Thomson has spent the last five years filled with guilt. He hopes to make amends in Shadow Creek, however he doesn't count on falling for the adorable and gorgeous Gwen Bailey. He vows to not get involved with her, but she's too sweet to resist. It's only a matter of time, though, before the truth comes out. Luke knows there's no way Gwen will look at him the same way once she discovers his secret...


My Review




4 The Muffin Man Stars



After getting The Baby Bombshell from Netgalley and reading it I was hooked on the Shadow Creek gang. I really wanted to see Gwen and her mysterious Muffin Man get a book. So I jumped at the chance to read this when I seen it on Netgalley. Victoria James didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed this sweet, feel good read. I laughed a lot reading this story. Gwen was cute, playful and very funny. Luke was a sexy, brooding Dr with a heartbreaking past. I thought they were very cute together. The chemistry between them was great. I also enjoyed getting to catch up with Lily and Jack. The whole Bailey family are sweet and easy to love. This was a quick low angst read. The only reason it wasn't a 5 star for me was it was too short. I felt I needed more development like maybe an extra 100 pages so I didn't feel like we readers just got the bear bones of a great story. Still a great read that made me feel happy. I loved the end it was very cute. I am hoping Luke's sister Haley gets a book too. I want her to have a HEA. 






No comments:

Post a Comment