Thursday, April 27, 2017

Whatever You Need

Book Review of Whatever You Need (Haneys Series)



Title: Whatever You Need

Series: Haneys Series


Author: Barbara Longley


Date Published: April 11th 2017


Date Read:   April 25, 2016


The Blurb:

Painfully shy electrician Wyatt Haney is a pro at complex wiring jobs, but when it comes to women, he just can’t seem to make a lasting connection. If he had even half the courage of the superhero he penned for his comic book series, he’d finally be able to talk to his beautiful neighbor, Kayla—and stop hiding behind a hoodie. When an electrical fire breaks out in Kayla’s apartment, Wyatt comes to the rescue, sparking an attraction neither of them expected.

Kayla Malone has had enough surprises. First an unplanned pregnancy at eighteen, then losing her husband in war, and now a fire in her apartment. Thank God her hot neighbor has the skills to help. As Wyatt repairs Kayla’s apartment and forges a relationship with her son, he also makes inroads to her heart. It’s clear that Wyatt has fallen for Kayla, but is she willing to risk another heartbreak—or will she ignore the electricity between them and miss her happy ending?

My Review

4 Hoodie Hero Stars


Mild Spoilers


Ever since I read the first book in The Haneys Series, What You Do To Me(Sam's book), and was introduced to Wyatt, the super shy, burn scarred brother of Sam, I have been longing for his story. I have a thing for scarred and damaged heroes. So when I seen Whatever You Need on Netgalley I did a little happy dance. I was already in love with Wyatt from his brother's book and I needed him to get his HEA. 
Wyatt was absolutely amazing in this book. I fell in love with him all over again. He was super sweet, shy, playful, supportive, and very very sexy. The things he said and did had me swooning all over my kindle. His struggle with his shyness and his battle to push himself so he could get the woman he has wanted for a long time was adorable. The way he was with Kayla's son Brady was very cute too. At times he was like a big kid playing with Brady aka SuperKid. Kayla was great too. I liked her, and I understood how hurt she was from her past with her dead husband. I really didn't like how long it took for her to come around and make my Wyatt happy. I thought Kayla was smart, a great mom, sweet and very self-sufficient. I loved how supportive of Wyatt she was, how she encouraged him to take his hood down. Building him up. Letting him know that he was a sexy good looking man and that the scars were not that bad. 

Now here is the reason I gave this book 4 Stars. Wyatt was this painfully super shy virgin, so I was expecting a realistic slightly awkward first time together, filled with some nervousness. Wrong! Wyatt, shy virgin Wyatt, went all sexpert, caveman beast mode on me and I just wasn't buying it. Here I was reading along happy as a lark then I read their first time making love, Wyatt's first time ever and it totally threw me off how amazing he was. I mean no shaking hands, no nerves, no problems with the condom, no fumbling, and he was an expect at oral and the deep stroke. It wasn't believable and it was kinda disappointing. I was looking forward to his shy self discovering the joys of love making and coming out of his shell not being an insta-beast. Other than that this book was great. What I love about Barbara Longley's books are they are feel good, lower angst, sweet reads. I really liked Sam, and Wyatt's sister and I'm looking forward to her book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment