Thursday, January 26, 2017

Taking Care of the Target

Book Review of Taking Care Of The Target


Title: Taking Care Of The Target

Series: Novel


Author: Cindi Madsen 


Date Published: January 23rd 2017


Date Read:   January 25, 2017


The Blurb:

Vince DaMarco always liked Cassie, the shy waitress who works at the restaurant that serves as a front for his mob boss uncle. Unfortunately, she witnesses a back alley hit, and while fleeing, she’s struck by a truck. Now she’s at the top of the hit list. Desperate to stop anyone who’d draw out Cassie’s death, Vince volunteers to take care of it.


Cassie Dalton has no recollection of her accident, but she’s told she’s lucky to be alive. A few years are missing from her memory, and the unsettling feeling that something isn’t right—along with the creepy sensation that she’s being watched—won’t go away. 

Vince shows up right when Cassie needs him most. In a world of confusion, the rugged stranger is the one thing that makes sense. But little does she know, she’s found refuge in the arms of the very man who’s been sent to kill her.


My Review



4 Starting over with you Stars



"I wish I could forget about everything else and start over with you."-Vince

Taking Care of the Target is my first book by Cindi Madsen and I really enjoyed it. I haven't read very many mob base love stories so I was looking forward to something new. This book did a great job at capturing my attention from the start. Vince and Cassie were very endearing characters. 

"Just so you know, Vince DaMarco, I see you. The real you. Even if you don't."-Cassie

Vince was sexy, protective, and a good guy. I loved that Vince was so protective of his brother and Cassie. I also loved that even though he was good he could be bad if that's what it took to protect the ones he loved. Cassie was quirky, charming, and cute. She was kinda shy maybe a little nerdy but so likable she really made this book. 

His phone buzzed, and he glanced at it. Cassie: WTH are you doing? He grinned. Even with abbreviations, she went for the less-vulgar, sweeter version. Vince: Just enjoying the view, sweetheart Cassie: This is straight up crazy. I can't focus with you there. Go away. Vince: I will as soon as I see you safely to work. Unless he puts his hands on you. Then you'll see me a little sooner Through the window, he saw her glance down at her phone and shake her head. Surveillance just got more interesting. Another car would've been more discreet when it came to Cassie noticing, but if any of Carlo's boys passed by, they'd recognize his jeep and move on. So like it or not, she got his stalker personality. He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel for a moment and then lifted his phone and thumbed another text. Vince: You look hot by the way He started at his screen, nearly giving up on a reply when it chimed. Cassie: You and I are in a fight. Vince: This all could've been avoided if you'd just canceled Cassie: Fight!!!! 



"I promise I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe."-Vince

Vince and Cassie made a really cute couple. They had some major chemistry and a strong connection. I loved them both and I really thought their relationship was very sweet. I was rooting for them the whole way. Vince's brother Bobby was very likable. I loved how Cassie took to Bobby and was supportive of Vince helping his brother when he got in trouble. I hope Cindi Madsen writes a book for Bobby. The mob part of the book was interesting but not as much as Vince and Cassie's relationship. I really liked the flow of the book and for the most part I was hooked. There was just one thing I didn't like and it's the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 and that was the part of the book that Vince and Cassie were apart. I felt it was too long. There was just too many pages of reading where the couple I became invested in were not together and I just didn't want to read about it. Other than that I really loved the book and I will be reading more books by Cindi Madsen. 

I'm never letting you go again." "Last time you said we'd start over and that you were mine, and then you left me. Just know that if you ever try that again..." She wrapped her arms around his neck and locked eyes with him. "Just don't, okay? My heart can't take it." "I won't, I swear. My life completely sucked without you, and I already had plans to find you, no matter what it took." He brushed his thumb across her bottom lip. "And for what it's worth, I never stopped being yours. I'll always be yours." A satisfied smile spread across her face. "I love you so much." "I love you, too. After this mess is over, we'll start over new. Together."-Vince and Cassie




No comments:

Post a Comment