Sunday, January 1, 2017

BEND

Book Review of Bend (Vegas Heat Series)



Title: Bend

Series: Vegas Heat Series


Author: Molly Mclain


Date Published: November  2016


Date Read:   December 30, 2016


The Blurb:

The Hardass

Focused and in control at all times. Most people think I’m a prick—and I’ll be the first to admit that’s probably true. But I’d rather be a take-no-shit cop than the kind of man genetics says I should be. You break the law, you pay the price. I don’t give a damn if you’re the captain’s daughter or the Queen of friggin’ England.

The Princess

I have no patience for the cocky men my father oversees. Or maybe it’s just Sergeant Hardass who gets under my skin. Not only is he sexy as sin, he refuses to cut me a break. And now I have to work with the arrogant jerk.

I shouldn’t want him, but a secret part of me craves his unforgiving edge. He could give me everything I need, but, first, I have to break down his walls.

I have to make him bend.

My Review



3 Needs More Meat Stars




Bend the first book in the Vegas Heat series was a decent read. The main problem I had with Bend was it jumped around too much. I would just be getting into the story or learning something about the characters, just starting to get deep and then the scene would jump to the next day or week. It left me feeling like I never really got to know the characters. It also made the story more superficial. It needed more meat. More story, more details, more everything. I did really like Trent and Kinsey. What I knew of them. Also the sex in this book was smokin' hot! But I would have enjoyed it so much more if it would have did more than just scratch the surface. The lack of details and depth not only cause me to not really connect to this book it caused me to have no interest in the secondary characters. They were really just random names with no backstory, and nothing to draw you to them. So overall I would say this book had some potential but didn't make it to great. It was an okay read. It was fast, and sexy, but it needed more details. I may give this series one more chance. 




No comments:

Post a Comment