Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Dragon Knight’s Ring

Book Review of Dragon Knight's Ring (Order Of The Dragon Knights Series)


Title: Dragon Knight's Ring

Series:Order Of The Knights Series


Author: Mary Morgan


Date Published: August 12th 2016


Date Read:   December 06, 2016


The Blurb:

Crusader, Adam MacFhearguis is on one last quest to the standing stones in Scotland where he seeks to bury the past. However, a silent prayer sends him to an unknown future and to his beloved Meggie. When he uncovers a shocking revelation, Adam questions everything about the woman he thought he knew and loved. He may have traveled the veil of ages, but time is now his enemy. 


Margaret MacKay lives a life in the future without the memories of her past—her death. When Adam arrives at her door confessing he knows her, she is confused and wary. With each passing day, she yearns to learn more from this stranger. Yet, when a truth is revealed, can she trust the man to unlock the chains from her mind and heart? 

Will love free the bonds to unite the two lovers who were doomed centuries ago? Or will evil finally claim victory over the Dragon Knights? 


My Review



4.5 Everlasting Love Stars



 

Mild Spoilers


Dragon Knight's Ring is the 5th book in the Order of the Dragon Knights Series, by Mary Morgan. This is my first time reading Mary Morgan and I loved it. This book can be read as a standalone, because I have read none of the others in this series and I had no problems. I will however say that it is obvious the heroine's brothers all had books before this one and that their stories all tie in. I also have to say that all four brothers piques my curiosity. I will have to go back and read the first four books because not only did I really enjoy this one, but I could just tell from the little bit in this book that Duncan, Angus, Alastair, and Stephen's love stories will be great! Amazon here I come! I got four sexy highlanders to read about....



Adam was a sexy highlander hero! He was brave, charming, loyal, and sweet. He had that yummy Scottish thing going for him too! His unyielding love for Meggie was so strong I felt it through my kindle. Adam was perfect. Meggie was a great heroine. She was sassy, hot tempered, brave, and very loving. She had so much to deal with not have her memories. But even scared and confused she was strong enough to make a new life for herself and not fear answers when they came to her. I loved Meggie and Adam together. They had a nice build up for a second chance love. In a lot of second chance love stories you get kind of an insta-love because they carry all their feelings over and most of their relationship has already happened in the past. With Meggie not remembering anything from the past, it was nice to see their relationship bloom while still feeling that deep connection between the two. 




I absolutely loved the time travel/highlander feel to this book. Ever since I seen the show Outlander I have been hooked on the Scottish time travel trope. I read every one I can get my hands on and this one was better than I expected. Which is why I'm going back and reading the other books to keep the enjoyment going. I enjoyed the fae magic that was weaved all through this book. Little Jamie was too cute, of course I'm a sucker for children in books. I loved loved loved Meggie and Adam's back story. I don't want to give too much away but it was juicy. This book made me swoon, and cry. The ending was perfect. And I thought it was cute the author had a little note to the readers from the hero Adam at the end. It was well written and entertaining and I can't wait to read more books by this author. 






No comments:

Post a Comment