Sunday, September 25, 2016

Slow Burn

Book Review of Slow Burn (Colorado High Country Series)


Title: Slow Burn

Series: Colorado High Country Series


Author: Pamela Clare


Date Published: September 19th 2016


Date Read:   September 24, 2016


The Blurb:

Victoria Woodley is done with men. Fresh off a dating nightmare, she flies from her home in Chicago to Scarlet Springs to take part in her best friend’s wedding. Who picks her up at the airport? Eric Hawke. Of course. She made a fool of herself over him last time she was here. He’s cocky, charming, and sexy as sin. But the fact that she’s attracted to him is all the proof she needs that he’s bad news. She would ignore him if she could. But he’s the best man, and she’s the maid of honor. She can’t just tell him to jump in a lake—especially not when her lips are locked with his.


Eric isn’t looking for a relationship. Between running the firehouse and volunteering for the county’s search and rescue team, he has enough on his plate. He doesn’t need to get tangled up with a woman from the big city, especially one whose idea of roughing it is going without designer coffee. Yet from the moment he looks into Victoria’s big brown eyes, the attraction he feels is too strong to deny. Faster than he can imagine, the spark of desire that has smoldered between them since the first day they met will flare into full-blown passion. 

But can Eric convince Victoria to set aside her doubts and trust him with her heart before their time together runs out?


My Review



5 Firemen are my favorite color Stars




Mild Spoilers & firemen gifs

"Oh, my God!" she whispered. "I'm being carried by a fireman!"-Victoria


Oh My Gawd!!! I loved this book!. I have been dying for Eric and Vic's book since I read Barely Breathing(book 1) back in May. It was everything I hoped for and more. I have had people tell me this series is just so different from Pamela Clare's I-team series. Well I haven't read that series yet(it's on my tbr list) so I don't know what it's like. I know it's suppose to have a lot of action in it and suspense. And while I enjoy action with my romance too, this series to me was more like a pure romance. Where the story's main focus is on the love and relationship of the main couple. Both books in this series have been sweet, very romantic, lower on angst, and high on super hot men in uniforms. And boy do I have a weakness for men in uniforms! 




Sorry I think my brain stopped working for a minute there! Is it hot in here?

Eric really stood out to me in book one and I couldn't wait to get my hands on his book. He was so yummy. Eric was this sexy fireman with a heart of gold. He was cocky, playful, and outgoing. He was respectful to his mama, brave, loyal, caring, and he really knew how to work his hose! lol. 

"Bumper stickers? I put them on my truck because I think they're funny, not because I'm advertising." "I'm surprised you don't have one that just says, "Hey, I'm a fireman. Want to play with my hose?" He laughed. "That's pretty good. Do you want to play with my hose?"-Victoria and Eric




"How about we fuck until we break this bed?"-Eric

Victoria (Vic) was sassy, outgoing, and fun. She had been hurt really bad by a guy she was dating in a way that would mess anyone up. It almost ruined her life, but Eric helped her to open up again and reclaim her life. Vic was a little scared and insecure at times, but it was totally understandable. Vic and Eric has some burning heat. Pamela Clare really knows how to bring the passion. I loved every single minute of their relationship. I felt really connected to them as a couple and I was deeply invested in their HEA. 

"Firemen are my favorite color."-Victoria



"Just do something for me before you go. It will only take a few minutes." "Sure." His lips curved in a sexy grin. "Sit on my face."-Eric and Victoria

I love that this book has so much romance to it. In some books the couple's love almost feels like a side story to the plot but not with this book. Their love is front and center and there is plenty of relationship build up. And never once was I bored or did I feel like the book dragged. It grabbed my attention and held it til the last page. Even then I wanted more. I loved getting to Catch up with Austin and Lexi. I loved getting to read all about their wedding. I really liked Chaska, Sasha, and Jesse. I am hoping they each get their own books but I am hoping for Chaska's book first! Eric and Vic's HEA omg swoon. It was so good and sweet. I enjoyed every minute of this book including all the minutes I drooled over that cover! OMG that cover is hot! I can't wait for the next book.

"Oh, come on. I haven't had you inside me for thirty-six hours, and I'm dying. Isn't it your job to save people?" "Well, if it's a matter of life and death...." He pulled his T-shirt over his head, revealing that amazing torso of his. "You just lie back. I'm a professional. I'll take care of everything."-Victoria and Eric






No comments:

Post a Comment