Sunday, September 11, 2016

Rebellious

Book Review of Rebellious (True Brothers MC Series)


Title: Rebellious

Series: True Brothers MC Series


Author: Gillian Archer


Date Published: September 13th 2016


Date Read:   September 06 to 10, 2016


The Blurb:


The black-leather-clad biker who just roared up on his Harley doesn’t resemble any single father Emily Clark has ever known. But as she watches “Reb” bonding with his son, Emily realizes there’s a lot more to this bad boy than his alpha-male attitude or his sinful good looks. And when Reb takes an interest in her, there’s no way she can resist his surprisingly tender touch. The one thing Emily won’t give up is her hard-won independence. 

As president of the True Brothers MC, Reb owes a sacred debt of loyalty to the club, but his first priority is making sure that his son grows up right. Pursuing an unexpected affair with Emily is a close second. Then a violent stalker threatens her life, and this unconventional guardian angel really turns up the heat. Nobody messes with Reb, or anyone under his protection. Trouble is, how’s he supposed to defend Emily when she insists on going it alone? He’s willing to put his life on the line for her. Now, maybe, he needs to open his heart.

My Review



3.5 Good Girl Gone Bad Stars


Rebellious is the 2nd book in the True Brothers MC series. It can be read as a standalone no problem. I didn't read book 1 and I had no problem following Reb and Emily's story. Rebellious was a pretty good read but I felt like it was missing something. Depth! I think it needed to be longer and then I would have been able to enjoy it more. It kinda felt rushed and more superficial. I would have liked to have gotten more in depth with the main couple and their relationship. I liked both Reb and Emily what little bit I knew of them. Reb was bossy, sexy and protective of those he cared for. Emily was damaged, having lived an abusive relationship. She was independent, brave, but a little naive. I liked the author's writing style. I think Gillian Archer did a great job at making the bikers hard but still likable. For me it's a hard line to walk with MC books. I want my bikers loyal and not cheaters but not sissies either and the author gave me that. Overall this was a good quick read that while I enjoyed it would have been better had it been longer!




No comments:

Post a Comment