Sunday, June 12, 2016

Watch Me

Book Review of Watch Me (The Donovan Family series)



Title: Watch Me

Series: The Donovan Family Series

Author: Margaret Watson

Date Published:December 13th 2013

Date Read:    June 9th 2016

The Blurb:

When Tessa Porter returns home from work one evening to find her apartment has been broken into, the Chicago nurse is shocked when the detective who responds to her call is her sexy neighbor – the one she's been fantasizing about. She'd caught a naughty glimpse of him through her window one morning, but Quinn Donovan is even hotter in the flesh. 


Quinn had spotted Tessa through his window, as well, and when he meets her in person, his reaction is hard to conceal – or control. Their passion and desire are overwhelming, but what will happen when Quinn wants more – and Tessa is hiding a secret?


My Review


4 Yummy Detective Stars


Watch Me the 2nd book in the The Donovan Family Series was a great read for me. Although my OCD was driving me crazy the whole read because I read book 4 first and I always read books in order so I had to keep telling myself it was a standalone. Which really it can be read as a standalone too. Like his twin Connor from book 4, Quinn was a yummy Detective. Men in uniforms nuff said!!


I think I loved Quinn a bit more. Quinn had a naughty side that I really liked. He also knew the moment he met Tessa that he wanted her and that they had a special connection. He went after her like a dog with a bone. He was so sweet and protective. I liked Tessa a lot which if I'm going to be honest shocked me because she could be a bit of a coward in the book. She had a really good reason and that probably helped. It also helped that she was very down to earth, likable, and didn't treat Quinn badly. They had a instant connection relationship and were inseparable. They had a ton of passion at times I think my glasses fogged up. 


One of the things I love about this series and although they have some suspense in them they are still sweeter easy going reads. I can just sit back and enjoy the ride. Get a romantic love story, and fall in love with the whole Donovan family. There is a strong family bond in this book with the Donovans. There was this one moment with Quinn and his mom Rose that was so touching. I love the twins Quinn and Connor together. Yummy Twin cops * M-mmm* ! Great read and now I am off to read little sister Mia's book! 





No comments:

Post a Comment