Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Secretly Hers

Book Review of Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon series)



Title: Secretly Hers

Series: Sterling Canyon Series

Author: Jamie Beck

Date Published:June 21st 2016

Date Read:    June 14th 2016

The Blurb:

On her thirty-first birthday, hopeless romantic Kelsey Callihan has all but given up on happily ever afters, which is why she agrees to a risqué proposition from Sterling Canyon’s notorious playboy, backcountry skier Trip Lexington. After all, every girl needs a little fun, and with Trip, there are no mixed signals or risks of a broken heart. And if his tips can help her land a husband in the process, all the better.

Trip couldn’t be happier with his secret, no-strings fling with sweet and sexy Kelsey until she calls it quits after meeting a man she believes could share her dream of marriage and family. His jealousy turns to outrage when he discovers that the man is his estranged half brother and lifelong rival.
Now Trip must decide whether the fire in his gut is due to sibling rivalry or something much more dangerous…like love.

My Review




5 Prince Charming Stars



*Spoilers*

OMG this book was an emotional ride. I cried, I laughed, and I swooned. Damn this book worked me over. I have been waiting for Trip's book since I read the first book in this series Accidentally Hers, back in Oct 2015. I knew there was more to Trip then his playboy act and I wanted to see him shine. This book was everything I wanted and more! Better than the first book and that is saying something since I can still remember how much I love that book a year after reading it. 

"Happy birthday, princess." He grinned, leaned closer to Kelsey, and practically purred in her ear. "Does the birthday girl want a kiss?" Yes. Her insides sprang to life like Mexican jumping beans, but she remained outwardly calm. "No, thanks. No telling where those lips have been in the past twenty-four hours."-Trip and Kelsey


Trip was so much more than what I expected. He was sexy of course he played the manwhore since book 1, but he was also sweet, caring, and protective. He had this vulnerable side that made me want to hold him and make everything better for him. Most of the time when I read the manwhore trope I don't really feel their reasoning behind their commitment phobia, but with Trip I could totally understand where he was coming from. I felt such empathy for him and the way he was raised. I loved Trip. I loved Kelsey too. She knew what she wanted and she went for it. She was sweet and sassy. She wore her heart on her sleeve but she was real and honest. I loved that she didn't settle for anything less than what her heart wanted. 

"Beneath this whole playboy persona is a bit of a gentleman. Just a bit, of course. But it's in there. Once upon a time, your mom must've taught you how to treat a lady."-Kelsey


Their relationship was sweet, hot and heartbreaking at times. It felt real. I really cried at some of the things they went through. Then the next minute I was swooning at one of the sweetest scenes I have ever read. Trip really pulled out the Prince Charming and in the end he wowed me. Trip's dad I liked but I was surprised I liked Trip's half-brother Mason even though he was a jerk I could again empathize with the way he felt too. Although I wish he was less of a jerk to Trip. I wouldn't mind seeing Mason getting his own HEA. Kelsey's niece was adorable and added major cute points to this book. I loved seeing Avery and Grey again and getting caught up on their relationship. I also liked getting to see Em again. I really liked her from book 1 too and I hope Em's book is next. My only wish was that I would have got a deeper epilogue but that didn't take away from my love of this book. I'm so glad I got this book and I can't wait til the next one comes out. 

"You take my breath away," he said, his eyes locked on hers. "I can only hope to be worthy of your kind heart."-Trip




No comments:

Post a Comment