Thursday, June 9, 2016

Saving a Legend

Book Review of Saving A Legend (Kavanagh Legends series)



Title: Saving A Legend

Series: Kavanagh Legend Series

Author: Sarah Robinson

Date Published: June 14th 2016

Date Read:    June 8th  2016

The Blurb:

His family’s gym has produced a roster of mixed martial arts legends, but so far Kieran Kavanagh hasn’t followed in their footsteps. After a brawl lands him in jail, Kieran is assigned to work at a center for at-risk youth. Though given a second chance, Kieran’s simply going through the motions—until he meets one very special kid, Shea Doherty, and falls hard for her very beautiful, very grown-up big sister, Fiona. The trouble is, Kieran’s best opening moves are getting him nowhere fast.


Fiona Doherty has too many responsibilities to fool around, especially now that she has custody of Shea. Sure, she’d love to find a devoted partner. But she won’t jeopardize her sister’s happiness—or risk revealing her tortured past—on a love-’em-and-leave-’em type of guy like Kieran . . . so it’s up to him to prove her wrong. As Fiona spends more time with Kieran, she starts to see a softer side of the reckless warrior. Now she must admit that when it comes to the possibility of real love, well . . . there’s a fighting chance.

My Review




                       4 Cute Shea Stars


I just want to take a moment to appreciate these yummy covers. Whoever picked the covers for this series deserves a raise and the models a standing ovation! Wow!



Saving a Legend the second book in the Kavanagh Legend series was an awesome read. Like the first book I really loved me some Kavanagh men. And like his older brother Rory from book 1, Kieran stole my heart. He made mistakes in his past but he was an amazing man. And when he met Fiona there was no other woman for him. I loved that dedication, he knew she was his and he was going to win her period! Fiona was okay for me. At times I liked her and at times she got on my nerves. I loved the ways she was with Shea but I didn't like that she acted like a coward and kept finding reasons to push Kieran away. Anyone who's ever read my reviews knows how I feel about cowards in book. luckily there were enough good things about Fiona to balance that out for me so I could still enjoy the book. 


Shea was a soft spot for me. My niece has Autism and so books that touch lovingly and truthfully on Autism hold a special place in my heart. Shea's character portrayed an autistic child well and shows that the author cared enough to do the research. Shea was a sweet little girl that as I read reminded me of my niece and therefor made me really connect with her. I really loved Shea! I also really loved getting to know all the Kavanaghs more. They are all so lovable and unique that I am attached to all of them and really want to see them all get their own HEA. Especially Quinn and Jimmy. They both really got my attention Quinn the tattooed pierced sexy black haired brother and Jimmy the Red headed straight laced, rule following cop brother yum! I can't wait for the next book to come out Kane's book. 




3 comments: