Sunday, May 15, 2016

Turn Me Loose

Book Review of Turn Me Loose (Paradise Idaho  series)


Title: Turn Me loose 

Series: Paradise Idaho

Author: Rosalind James

Date Published: May 17th 2016

Date Read:    May 15th 2016

The Blurb:

Rochelle Marks is working hard to build a name for herself that has nothing to do with her pinup-girl curves. She’s made mistakes in the past, and now she’s trying to stop her little sister, Stacy, from making worse ones. Rochelle’s done with being nothing more than someone’s good time. Even if that someone is the one-night stand who turned her life upside down before vanishing—and who’s just arrived in Paradise, Idaho, looking to pick up where they left off.


Tech mogul Travis Cochran’s hard-won new priorities have brought him to town as a university lecturer, but he’s come for something else, too: the smart, sassy, gorgeous woman who’s been in his head for months. When Stacy’s choices draw her big sister into a web of down-home crime and cold-blooded murder, Travis’s mission gets a whole lot more urgent. Now convincing Rochelle to trust him isn’t just about winning her back. It may be the only way to keep her alive.

My Review





3 Taking It Slow Stars



May have mild spoilers

Turn Me Loose was a little bit slower for me then the first two books in this series. The first two books I loved so much but this book at times slowed down so much it tapped dance on the fault line of boring. I would find myself getting up from reading and doing other things like cleaning. Both MCs Rochelle and Travis were likable. They had a good connection and the passion factor was there. There was some sexy moments and some really sweet ones too. But at times there was nothing really happening and I think if those parts were edited out it would have flowed nicer and not slowed down so much. I did enjoy seeing our past two couples although I would have liked a bit more of them. I also liked Rochelle family. I know this is going to sound crazy but I liked Rochelle's ex Lake. I think he really redeemed himself at the end and I kinda wanna see him get his own HEA. The only thing I really didn't like in this book was the end. It just ended so abrupt. No epilogue and I live for epilogues. It felt not finished and left me with questions like do they have kids? What happens to Stacey? Etc Etc..... Overall an okay read that would have been tons better with an epilogue. I still love this series and recommend it. It would be awesome if Lake got his own book just sayin'....Hint....Hint!!





No comments:

Post a Comment