Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Savage Urges

Book Review of Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack series)



Title: Savage Urges

Series: The Phoenix Pack

Author: Suzanne Wright

Date Published:May 3rd 2016

Date Read:    April 25, 2016

The Blurb:

She’s a lone wolf with a cause.


As a volunteer at a shelter for lone shifters—the same one that rescued her—Makenna Wray has dedicated her life to finding homes for its residents. And when she discovers that a teen in her care is related to Ryan Conner, the broody, handsome-as-sin enforcer of the Phoenix Pack, she’s eager to help connect the two. She just wasn’t prepared to feel a connection of her own.

Lone wolves are loners for a reason—and most of them bad. Or so Ryan assumes until he meets the mysterious Makenna. Quirky and sensual, she seems to enjoy riling him, especially when she refuses to discuss her past. Although there is no mating bond, he’s sure she’s the one. All he has to do is be patient and wait. But when another pack’s sinister Alpha comes sniffing around, threatening Makenna and her shelter, this enforcer is ready to let his wolf off the leash…


My Review



          3.5 Who do you belong to? stars



"No one but me will touch you." His tone was even but implacable. She cocked an impervious brow at him. "Oh? And why, pray tell, is that?" "For the same reason I asked you to be safe for me. You're my mate, Makenna."-Ryan and Makenna 

I am a huge fan girl of Suzanne Wright. I have been ever since I came across her Deep in your veins series. I love Suzanne Wright's writing style. I love her knack for writing sassy, kick ass, lovable heroines and broody, protective, sexy heroes. I love the Phoenix Pack series. I liked Ryan from the first time I read about him in Feral Sins. He was so broody, and grunted instead of talking I was just dying to know his backstory. I wanted him to find his mate and see him changed by love. Sadly his mate Makenna wasn't what I was hoping for.


"I don't care for your tone." "I don't have a tone." "Not usually," she conceded. "But you sure do have one now, White Fang." "I told you to drop that." "And I'm astonished that you thought I'd obey you."-Makenna and Ryan 
Ryan was everything I loved and more. He was broody, dominate, protective and possessive. He had this socially awkward charm that totally worked for him. A man of few words, he was honest and didn't people please. I found Ryan sexy, and I can't really think of one thing I would have changed about him. He really made the book for me. Makenna on the other hand. Well I liked her alright, but she was just bland for me. She was suppose to be quirky, fun, honest, kick ass with a heart of gold, but she just fell flat. I'm not really sure why she didn't work for me. Other than being annoyed that she jammed up the mating signal for so long with her fear I can't really name anything I didn't like about her which is why I am confused as to why I didn't connect with her. But I didn't. 



"What's wrong, Kenna? Is this too slow for you? You want it faster?" She just grunted her assent. "Tough. I'll fuck this pussy however I want. Because it belongs to me."-Ryan 

I still really enjoyed this book overall. I loved getting to catch up with past couples and seeing Kye again. And any time I can get more Trey and Taryn(my favorite couple of the series) I'm game. I thought Zac was great and I enjoyed the plot of the loner shelter. I thought Ryan was a sexy beast that made the bedroom scenes in this book. It was so funny the way Makenna would translate Ryan's grunts. At the end of the day I still love Suzanne Wright and I'm still gonna read every book she writes. I enjoyed this read just not as much as some of her others. I am really looking forward to Dominic's book. I can't wait to see what kind of mate he gets.




No comments:

Post a Comment