Monday, April 25, 2016

Compelled: A Cyn and Raphael Novella

Book Review of Compelled (Vampires in America series)


Title: Compelled

Series: Vampires in America 

Author: D.B. Reynolds

Date Published:April 29th 2016

Date Read:    April 23, 2016

The Blurb:

VAMPIRE . . . Raphael is a power like the world has never seen, the force behind the first ever alliance of North American lords, Cyn’s mate, lover, master. 

SORCERER . . . Nick Katsaros, deceptively charming, ancient and commanding, driven by vengeance and a devastating loss, Cyn’s friend and one-time lover. 

HUMAN . . . Cynthia “Cyn” Leighton, beautiful, sexy, and smart, the woman both men desire.

It was only a few months ago that Raphael lay helpless and dying, taken by treachery, while Cyn fought to save him. Unexpectedly, it was Nick who provided the key to his freedom. In exchange, he secured a promise that they would help him find and recover the same magical artifact that had been used to imprison Raphael. But when he calls on them to keep that promise, it will be Cyn who pays the price.

Torn between the two powerful men, struggling to keep them from killing each other, she undertakes a desperate search that will find her fighting for her life against a madman who wants her for himself. 

My Review




4 Vampire Sorcerer Human Stars







"Vampire," he said by way of greeting. "Sorcerer." "Human!" she sang out in disgust. -Nick, Raphael, and Cyn 

Anytime I can get my fix of Raphael and Cyn, I'm there. I love this series so much and Raphael and Cyn make this series the awesomeness that it is. In this book we not only get Raphael and Cyn we get Nick. Nick is Cyn's ex lover and friend that was in book one. Cocky, good looking and charming Nick is someone I really enjoyed learning more about. In Compelled Raphael, Cyn and Nick are teamed up to find the missing magical manacles used to hold Raphael prisoner in the book Deception. Vampires and Sorcerers have an ugly history of trying to wipe each other off the planet, so Nick and Raphael don't get along add to that, that Nick is Cyn's ex lover and you have some major tension going on. Nick and Raphael are at each others throats and driving Cyn insane. I loved that Cyn and Raphael's relationship is still going strong. No matter how possessive Raphael is he still knows, and is proud that Cyn is tough and can take care of herself. I think this book was a build up to Nick getting his own book or at least I hope it is. I would love Nick to find his love and not be so lonely. I really enjoyed this novella. Compelled is a fun quick read with my favorite couple. I can't wait for the next book. If you haven't read the Vampires in America Series and you love PNR you should check it out!! 

"I hate it when you talk to him." "I know. But I don't know why. I'm yours, fang boy. You're stuck with me." "My heart knows that, but my gut wants to kill every man who's ever touched you." "Aw, that's romantic...in a creepy, stalkerish sort of way."-Raphael and Cyn 





No comments:

Post a Comment