Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Prophecy

Book Review of Prophecy (Prophecy Series)


Title: Prophecy

Series: Prophecy Series

Author: Lea Kirk

Date Published:  January 12th 2016

Date Read:    March 21, 2016

The Blurb:

One normal day turns into a nightmare when Earth is attacked. Now ER nurse Alexandra Bock is imprisoned aboard an alien slave ship with no way out. She deems all aliens untrustworthy, including the handsome blue-skinned Matiran captain who shares her cell. 


One night of betrayal leaves Senior Captain Gryf Helyg a prisoner of his enemies. Because of him, Earth’s inhabitants face extinction and his home world is threatened. But his plans for escape are complicated by his inexplicable draw to the Earth woman imprisoned with him. 

One ancient prophecy holds the key to free Alexandra and Gryf’s war-ravaged worlds. Can two wounded souls who have lost everything learn to trust and forgive in order to fulfill the prophecy, and find a love that will last for eternity?

My Review



4 Soul Mate Stars



*Mild Spoilers*

I really liked Prophecy. I sat down started this book and just ate it up. I loved the world Lea Kirk painted. The first book in any series always has the biggest job. It has to lay out the plot, world and characters. This is harder when it's a paranormal. This book did a great job of laying out the plot, Earth after the alien invasion, other planets and aliens. It was detailed enough that I never got confused, but not so detailed that I was bored, it was the perfect balance. The characters were likable and relatable. I loved the main couple Alexandra and Gryf. I thought their relationship was sweet and very romantic. I thought Gryf was sexy as hell. The planet Gryf was from men never make the first move the power is always in the woman's hand. They have to kiss the man, ask him to date ect.... So it was hot when Alexandra let Gryf feel the power of taking control. There was a few side love stories going on. One I really liked and one that made me sad. I really liked Nicky Alexandra's brother. I want him to get a book! Also I really disliked Kelly's attitude towards all aliens so I kinda want to see her get a book where she falls in love with a alien just sayin'. There was too many characters I loved to name them all but I am sure they will make for great books in this series. This book was sweet, with a few dark moments, some action, but was 100% entertaining. The epilogue was awesome with lots of warm fuzzies. I think this author has a ton of talent, and great series on her hand. I can't wait to read more from this series! 





No comments:

Post a Comment