Thursday, March 3, 2016

Gideon

Book Review of Gideon (The Surprise Brides Series)


Title: Gideon

Series: The Surprise Brides Series

Author: Cynthia Woolf

Date Published: August 31st 2015

Date Read:    March 03, 2016

The Blurb: 

As the local preacher, Gideon Fraser often talks about the many virtues of a good marriage, but that doesn't mean he has the slightest inclination of claiming a bride of his own. No, he's been burned before, by greedy women who only want the prestige and money the Fraser family name can provide. When his mother's devious matchmaking results in his unexpected wedding, Gideon looks at the beautiful face of the woman who has sworn to be his and wants nothing to do with her. But Gideon is in danger of losing his heart until he discovers the truth. His new wife lied to him...about everything. 


Ruby Haller needed a husband and fast. A treacherous man promised her the world, took her virginity, and left her without a father for her unborn child. When her father, the town minister, found out she was expecting a child, he offered her hand in marriage to the meanest man in town. Becoming a mail-order-bride appeared to be a safer choice. But instead of a rancher, she ends up the wife of a stubborn, bull-headed preacher and he's none to pleased when he discovers her duplicity. Worse? The local town beauty, who had been courting him for years, is determined to make her life a living hell.

But Angel Springs, Colorado is a small town that can inspire big dreams. It's nearly Christmas, and as these two hearts heal, a holiday miracle just might be within reach.
 


My Review



4 Trust Stars




May have very Mild Spoilers

I really enjoyed reading Gideon. Gideon was the 3rd book in The Surprise Brides series. The series was about the 4 Fraser brothers, and their mama, who wrote and got them mail order brides. Mama Fraser did this without any of her sons or the brides knowledge. Each book is one of the brother's story and each book is written by a different author. Gideon was the only book in this series that I have read and it was written by Cynthia Woolf. Cynthia Woolf is a author who's books I have enjoyed many times in the past and this love story was everything I have come to expect from Mrs. Woolf.

"I'm sorry, Gideon. You didn't want any of this. First your mama forces you to wed and now you find out you are going to be a father to a child who is not yours."-Ruby



Gideon was sexy, caring, and honorable. Gideon was a preacher, a man of God and he tried to live a Godly life. He of course wasn't perfect. He had some trust issues from being hurt in a past relationship. So that at times he didn't trust his wife when he should have, it didn't help that she lied to him in the start of their marriage, but Gideon was always gentle and kind. Ruby was a very sweet and loving woman who was treated ill by her family and the man she thought loved, and planned to marry her. Instead she was abandoned. She became a mail order bride because her father, who was also a preacher planned on marrying her off to the meanest man in town. Scared to tell the truth and be cast off again she told her new husband some lies to protect herself. Ruby had a big heart and was like a mother hen always trying to help others.

"I'm weak where you are concerned, Gideon and I do not like it, not one bit, but I cannot help how I feel. I do love you, as much as I don't want to admit the feeling to you, I can no longer deny the emotion is there."-Ruby

*******************************************************************************************

"Did you know," he stroked her arm with his hand, "that I thank God every day for each moment I have with you? I can't believe you're here, and you're mine. I must have done something good for Him to reward me thus."-Gideon

I found Gideon and Ruby's relationship very sweet and touching. This book had a little drama with a woman in town that wanted Gideon for her own, but for the most part it was a nice feel good book. I really liked Mama Fraser, and all the brothers, expect Caleb. I kinda wanna go back and read them all now. Although I wish they were all written by Cynthia Woolf, I know her writing, I like her writing, and I am unfamiliar with all the other authors in this series, but I may go back anyway! I really liked the fact that the prologue was the same for all four books and gave you the basics of the series plot. It helped keep me from feeling lost even though I was only reading the 3rd book, but it let you know to skip to the 1st chapter so you aren't rereading it over and over if you do read the whole series. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a nice heartwarming, easy going read! 

"God blessed us both when He gave us each other. I guess He knows what He's doing after all. Don't ever tell Mama I said anything to the effect that this was the perfect solution."-Gideon






No comments:

Post a Comment