Monday, February 22, 2016

Fully Ignited

Book Review of Fully Ignited (Boston Fire Series)



Title: Fully Ignited

Series:Boston Fire Series

Author: Shannon Stacey 

Date Published: February 23nd 2016

Date Read:    February 21, 2016

The Blurb:When Jamie Rutherford takes a temporary assignment as lieutenant of Boston Fire’s Engine 59, she doesn’t anticipate any problems. She’s been in the fire service for a long time and, even though she’s fairly new to Boston, she knows how to make any firehouse her home. What she’s not prepared for is her reaction to firefighter Scott Kincaid.


Scott is looking for a wife. It’s been a fun ride as a single guy, but he’s tired of being the third wheel, and nearly losing his brother-in-law finally made him realize just how much he wants a family of his own. When the new guy at the firehouse turns out to be a capable, confident and very attractive woman, his plan is completely derailed.

Hooking up with a fellow firefighter has never been part of Jamie’s plan, but she’s tempted by Scott—even though getting involved with him could tarnish the reputation she’s worked so hard for. And Scott can’t stop thinking about Jamie, despite the fact that she’s his superior and not sticking around. Chemistry can crush the best-laid plans, though, and while Jamie and Scott might not be each other’s future…there’s no resisting the right 

My Review



                      4 Temporary Stars



* May have mild Spoilers and sexy firefighter gifs*

Fully Ignited the 3rd book in the Boston Fire series was a wonderful read. I loved the book before this one Controlled Burn, but I loved this one more. This was a nice laid back read. No crazy over the top drama to tie my gut in knots. Just me relaxing and enjoying Scott and Jamie's love story. 



Scott was yummy, hot tempered, and a bit of a reformed playboy. He use to date a lot but he wanted to have the real deal marriage, love, and a family. So he took a break from dating til he could find a woman worth while. Someone he could really see himself being with long term. I really liked Scott. I felt he was very realistic and I liked him having a little bit of a temper because sometimes heroes can be too perfect making them unrelatable. Of course he was a charming firefighter, so really he could pretty much do no wrong in my eyes. 


Jamie was so awesome. She was this kick ass women in a almost all male field. She was this hard worker who proved herself ever bit as good as the men in her field. She was not only a firefighter she was a respected lieutenant. Jamie had a cute, playful disposition, but she took her work serious. Even though Jamie was a firefighter she was still very sexy and feminine just not high maintenance.


Jamie and Scott had a ton of heat and they didn't fight their passion. I loved that their relationship for the most part was honest, mature, and that they respected each other. I really loved the other guys at the fire station. They were all so cute and playful. There was a real brother like feel to their group. I really liked Scott's sisters too. After I read Controlled Burn, the book before this one I was kinda upset at the ending. I felt it didn't give me enough closure. So I was happy to get to catch up with that past couple Jessica and Rick and find out what was happening with them. I also enjoyed this ending much better. I felt it wrapped the story up so well, and gave me a sweet HEA. A great read I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice low drama read.





No comments:

Post a Comment