Monday, February 8, 2016

Carry Me Home

Book Review of Carry Me Home (Paradise, Idaho Series)


Title: Carry Me Home

Series: Paradise, Idaho Series

Author: Rosalind James

Date Published:June 16th 2015

Date Read:  December 12, 2015

The Blurb:

Paradise, Idaho, may not be the largest town, but for newly minted professor Zoe Santangelo, it’s the first step on the path to her big break. After teaching in a small Idaho school, her next stop is the Ivy League, and no one is going to stand in her way. She’ll do what it takes to move up, to protect her students from a creepy campus stalker—and to protect her heart from Cal Jackson, the hot, hunky cowboy who keeps coming to her rescue.


After a career-ending injury, Cal has left professional football behind and come home to work the family farm. He’s determined not to get mixed up with any more city girls who don’t want to settle down with a country boy. But after he rescues sassy geologist Zoe from a snowy ditch, he can’t stop thinking about her. Can Cal keep Zoe safe from whoever is targeting her—and can he show her that having ambition doesn’t mean she has to sacrifice love?


My Review



4 This was life. This was living Stars. 



"But I wasn't counting on this place. I wasn't counting on you. Who knew I'd be such a sucker for a take-charge guy with a kind heart?"-Zoe


"Now, don't drop anything in my beer while I'm gone, Professor," he told Zoe. "I know you want my body, but control yourself. I'll do most things if I'm asked nicely."-Cal

Okay so I actually read this series out of order and read the 2nd book first. I got the 2nd book, Luke's story from Netgalley, loved it so much that I had to go back and buy the first one so I could get some yummy Cal. And Cal did not disappoint. I loved Cal, loved his sense of humor. My God the things he said. He had me laughing all through the book. I thought he was sexy, sweet, and playful. Cal had a heart of gold. I really liked Zoe too, but she drove me nuts at times. Zoe had some daddy issues. I could understand why she had the issues she had, and why she was so driven. But I love Cal and felt super protective of him so it annoyed me when she kept him at arms length hurting him, even if I liked her and could understand her. 

"Go on," he said. "Make me ridiculous. You can even win. I'll give you the trophy and tell you that you won. But I've been straight-up here. You're the one with a hidden agenda, and you can't even see it. You've been so busy assuming that you can't trust men, that you can't trust me, you've gone and done the exact same thing to me you're always worrying about. You telling me you don't see that?"-Cal


"Well, I guess I haven't found that out yet. If I'm ever going to. I've worked for this all my life. I've planned for it. I want to be with you. I don't want to break up." If that was begging, too bad. She was begging. "But I can't just give up my dream, can't you see that?"-Zoe

I loved Cal's parents and of course I loved all the Luke I got in this book. Mmmm the yummy Jackson brothers. I would like for Rochelle, Zoe's best friend to get a book. The plot was great. I had no clue who the bad guy was. I thought it was one guy for almost the whole book, and was shocked when it was someone else. I really enjoyed this book, just not as much as the 2nd one. I really like Rosalind James writing style. I am so glad I found her book Hold Me Close on Netgalley, now I have new beloved author to stalk, and more awesome books of hers to discover.

"Okay," he said, "I won't. I won't tell you that I've got this real dirty little fantasy about sitting right here in this chair, putting you over my knee, flipping up that pretty blue sweater dress of yours, and giving you the spanking of your life while you wriggle under my hand. I'll just keep that one right off the table. So to speak. Because the desk might figure into it again, too. I'd have to look at what I did, wouldn't I? While I did.....everything else."-Cal




No comments:

Post a Comment