Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Wild Cowboy Ways

Book Review of Wild Cowboy Ways (Lucky Penny Ranch Series)



Title: Wild Cowboy Ways

Series:Lucky Penny Ranch Series

Author: Carolyn Brown

Date Published:December 22th  2015

Date Read:  December 14, 2015

The Blurb:
Allie Logan isn't the type to land a hot hunk of cowboy. Truth is, she's given up on dating since shedding her no-good ex. But the new owner of the most ramshackle ranch in Texas might just change her mind about that. He's six-foot-plus of tall, dark, and charming—the kind of guy who could make a girl throw caution to the wind . . . or the kind of guy who could break her heart.

Blake Dawson hopes he can make Lucky Penny Ranch finally live up to its name, but the property needs a ton of work. Allie and her carpentry skills are his best shot at getting things in order. Besides the fact that her brown eyes and dangerous curves have him roped and tied. Now Blake only needs to convince her that a wild cowboy can be tamed by love—and she's just the one to do it.


My Review




                4 Burning bridges Stars

"I can't help it when I'm around you. You don't have any idea how beautiful you are or how you affect a man, do you, darlin'?"-Blake



"I don't care if you are telling me pretty words that you've told lots of women before me. I don't care about your past. I'll burn those bridges for you if you'll hand me a stick of firewood and a match."-Allie

Wild Cowboy Ways, the 1st book in the Lucky Penny Ranch series, was a sweet, enjoyable read. What's not to like, sexy cowboy with wild ways, meets pretty tomboy carpenter that has been burnt by ex. The story had a nice steady pace. Carolyn Brown did a great job of building up the world, characters, and Allie and Blake's relationship. I liked both Allie and Blake. Allie was sweet, she had a little sass to her, and she had a good heart. The only thing I didn't like about Allie was that she sometimes acted like a teen and not a 29 year old woman. She let her mom and sister boss her. Allie's sister Lizzy wanted her to date this guy that creeped Allie out but instead of just saying No and that being that, she lets said guy push himself on her, putting his arm around her and touching her. Her sister kept setting up double date dinners and crap. It was just little things like that, that made Allie feel immature at times. Blake was sexy, hard working, laid back. But if I had to read one more time about another woman just walking up and grabbing him and kissing him I was gonna flip. Not that he kissed them back, but dayum, the man needed to wear a sign that said "Keep your lips to yourself".

"I don't want you to leave the Lucky Penny, so please make it work. I've opened my heart to you. I can argue with you. I can be drunk and shake the hell out of your house and you don't judge me. You don't talk down to me or make me feel like less of a woman because of what I do."-Allie


"What I feel for you goes far above 'like,' Allie Logan. I don't know if it's love because I've never really been in love before. But believe me when I tell you that I admire you for what you do. I think it's downright sexy the way you can crawl up on a roof and fix a ceiling and honey, those cargo pants turn me on."-Blake

Those two things, Allie's immaturity, and the women physically throwing themselves at him every 2 minutes is why I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5. Other then those things Allie and Blake's relationship is very sweet. Allie really makes Blake work for it. Allie's grandma Irene was cracking me up in this book. OMG the things Irene would say. I liked Lizzy for the most part but at times she annoyed me. The ending was super sweet and cute. I really loved the last like 10%, and I had a stupid smile on my face the whole time I read it. I enjoyed the peek at the next book which is Lizzy's book, which I will be reading. This book was a nice lighthearted read. 





No comments:

Post a Comment