Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Instant Gratification

Book Review of Instant Gratification (Wilder Series)



Title:Instant Gratifaction

Series: Wilder Series

Author:Jill Shalvis

Date Published: July 1st 2009

Date Read: July 26, 2015

The Blurb: 
The Doctor Is In Deep
Wishful, California, is 3000 miles from Dr. Emma Sinclair's last job in a New York City ER. It may as well be another galaxy. Here, running her father's clinic for a summer, Emma treats bee stings, stomach flu, and the occasional pet cat. Plus, she has to contend with patients like Stone Wilder: gorgeous, laid-back, and irritating beyond belief. The man laughs at her. A lot. And Emma loathes him. All except that tiny part of her that wants to throw him on her examining table and break every doctor-patient rule in the book. . .
When Stone tries to help Emma learn to loosen up a bit, he pictures white-water rafting or scenic mountain hikes. Not a mind-blowing affair that shakes them both to the core. Emma's sure she has no place in a town like Wishful, but Stone knows different. Emma belongs here - in this town, in his life. And convincing this strong-minded, stubborn, sexy woman of that fact will be a challenge no Wilder man could resist. . .
My Review


                         3 Dr. Evil Stars

“By teaching you how to smell the roses. I’m a giver that way. Come on, Emma. Unless you’re too chicken?”
“Kiss me, Stone. Take what you want.”

Instant Gratification is the second book in the Wilder series, and it's all about the middle brother Stone finding love. While this book was a Okay read it wasn't great for me. The heroine Emma drove me crazy. I didn't out right hate her, but I didn't like her either, and the things she did made me wanna shake her. Hard!!
Emma:
I don't even know where to start with all the reasons why I disliked Emma so I guess I will just take it from the top. Emma is a uppity, uptight bitch!!! I thought she was selfish, and rude to her dad even after learning everything she thought bad about her dad was wrong. She was so hot and cold with poor Stone I am shocked he didn't have whiplash. She would be ripping clothes off because she wanted to him so bad then the second the sex was done she was running for the hills. OMG and don't even get me started on how disrespectful it was that she had her guy friend /sex buddy not only staying with her in her home while she was seeing/kinda dating Stone (what ever you wanna call what they had) but that she let him kiss her twice after she started something with Stone. I mean COME ON she kissed another guy I don't give a shit if it was to see if there are any sparks. I wanted to slam my head into a wall when Stone caught her kissing the other guy and just took her excuse and then slept with her! PFFFF! 

“You’re right. I’m looking for an excuse to blame you when the truth is, I’m so grateful that you were there that day that I don’t even care why you didn’t tell me. I’m picking a fight because because I’m a coward.”


“Don’t make up an excuse to run away. I don’t need a pretty lie.”

Stone:

Stone is the only saving grace in this book. He was fun, laid back and sweet. He has a big heart and took care of everyone. Some of the things that came out his mouth OMG is Stone sweet. He works so hard to get Emma to loosen up. I really thought he could do so much better than Emma. Just saying!

“Well, here’s a memo for you, life isn’t easy.” “No,” he agreed, sweeping a hand up her back, his smile gone. “Life sure as hell isn’t. But you make of it what you can, and you do your best to enjoy the hell out of it, because it’s the only life you get.”

“Because you were feeling pretty damn relaxed until about two seconds ago, when you realized you were hugging me for all you were worth. That’s when you got all uptight again.”

I didn't really care for Emma and Stone as a couple because I feel like Stone was always working so damn hard just to get her to loosen up and spend a little time with him. She was just like a bitchy wet blanket. I did love the T.J Stone brother moments and I loved the Annie, Nick news. I would have liked to see Katie and Cam again. I missed them a lot in this book. Over all this book was ok but not a great read. It's hard to love a book when you can't stand half of the main couple. Oh well I am on to T.J.'s book. 

“You. You offering your heart and soul to everything you do. It changed me. You changed me.”



No comments:

Post a Comment