Monday, September 14, 2015

Spiral of Need

Book Review of Spiral Of Need (The Mercury Pack Series)


Title: Spiral Of Need

Series: The Mercury Pack Series

Author: Suzanne Wright

Date Published:    September 29th 2015

Date Read: September 13, 2015

The Blurb: 
Ally Marshall isn’t just a wolf shifter — she’s a Seer. 

But a girl doesn’t exactly need special powers to know that Derren Hudson despises her entire kind. Disdain practically rolls off the Beta of the Mercury Pack . . . disdain mixed with a healthy dose of desire. And no matter how much the ruggedly handsome male appeals to her, this is one call of the wild she’s determined to ignore.

After one betrayal too many, Derren doesn’t have much use for Seers — except for Ally. 

Forced into acting as her protector, he finds himself intensely and passionately drawn to the woman who incites his primal instinct to claim. 

And when enemies target the pack, Ally’s gift may be just what the Mercury Pack needs. 

Can he put his distrust aside, or will he force himself to turn his back on the one woman who makes his inner beast howl?


My Review



4 "I said that out loud, huh." Stars 


"I'm just making my point that I don't trust Seers." Ally smiled gently. "Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery."



"You need to seriously rethink defying me." "And guys need to stop shoving their hands down their pants to play with their balls in public." Ally shook her head. "Some things will never change."

So Suzanne Wright is one of my favorite authors, and I love her series The Phoenix Pack. So when I heard she was doing a spin off series called The Mercury Pack, which is the new pack Nick Axton (3rd book in The Phoenix Pack series) formed with his mate, I was like Hell yeah I am so there!! Spiral of Need is the first book in the Mercury Pack series, and it is a awesome start to what I am sure with be a great series. I can't tell you how excited I got when I saw it was on NetGalley. I so did a freak out fan girl dance.

Ally, on the other hand, wanted to ask why the hell Bracken had let Jesse win. When all eyes zoomed in on her, she smiled weakly. "I said that out loud, huh,"


"Your scent.... It makes me want to bite you."

What this book is about

Derren Hudson, Beta of the Mercury Pack always keeps his word. So when an old friend Cain calls in a favor Derren feels obligated to do it. Cain wants Derren to go get Ally Marshall from the pack she is in now that is giving her problems, and take her to The Mercury pack, and keep her under Derren's protection until Cain can get to her. The problem with that is Ally is a Seer and Derren Hates all Seers. Seers have hurt him and his pack and he doesn't trust any of them. Derren feeling that he owes Cain, goes to get Ally despite his feelings towards Seers. When he sees her not only does he want her, but his wolf is going crazy wanting to mark her. Derren feels angry about the whole situation, and confused about him and his wolf's attraction to Ally. When Ally starts having visions about danger coming to the Mercury Pack will Derren believe her or will he let his prejudice of Seers keep him from protecting his pack?

"Understand this, Ally. There is very little I consider an obstacle when I want something. And when I want something as badly as I want you, I won't let anything or anyone keep me from it. I marked you, and I don't consider that a small thing. Do you?" 



"No. You like me pinning you down." It was a taunt that made her growl. "And you like me fucking you hard, don't you, baby? You like having my cock in you."

I love both Derren and Ally. Derren is broody, serious, and loyal to those who he cares about. Derren has been hurt badly, and deeply by his family and pack so he doesn't trust easily. Dominant, damaged, sexy , and protective he is everything you want from an alpha male hero. Ally is kind of a wanderer. Her family and pack were assassinated when she was a small child. Her and Cain are the only two that lived. She has always felt that she didn't really belong. On top of that being a Seer with all the prejudices against Seers makes her feel more like a outcast. Even with all that has happened to her, she is still a sweet, caring woman. She is brave, protective, and saucy. Being a dominant wolf she is very independent. And lets not leave out that she is totally badass.

"I'm keeping you, Ally Marshall." And she'd just have to accept it, because he wouldn't let her go "You're mine." Startled and spooked by that very sincere announcement that almost sounded....binding, Ally didn't speak for a moment. "Yours?" "All mine. You got under my skin, became my obsession. There's no going back." She swallowed nervously. "What do you want from me?" "Everything you have to give. And I'll get it."


"You love me?" He smiled. "Fuck yeah." "I'm glad, because it's rare for one-sided relationships to work out well." His smile widened. "Is that your very poor way of telling me you love me?" "It was pretty poor, wasn't it?" 

Derren and Ally are a very cute couple. They both know what it is like to be falsely accused of something horrible and have everyone they care about turn their backs on them. Their chemistry is wild and rough. Ally and Derren are a kickass team. As a couple they support each other . They know when to push and when to give in. I think they are perfect for each other. I love that with each book you get to see more of the past characters from The Phoenix Pack series. That as a reader we get to see their characters continue to grow and add on to the story line, making me feel really connected and attached to them. I enjoyed the plot and that there is a lot of action in this book. I think this book is a great read and start to the series and I can't wait to see what happens next.

"But you forgive me for baiting him, don't you baby?" He asked Ally. Not really, but she'd have him make it up to her later with multiple orgasms. Hearing Cain and her uncles growl, Ally smiled weakly at Derren. "I said that out loud, didn't I?"











No comments:

Post a Comment