Friday, September 11, 2015

Shattered Virtue

Book Review of Shattered Virtue (Shattered Series)


Title: Shattered Virtue

Series: Shattered Series

Author: Magda Alexander

Date Published:    September 22nd 2015

Date Read: September 11, 2015

The Blurb: 
Haunted by her Past...

Madrigal Berkeley vows to discover why her parents’ killers got off scot free. But after graduating from law school, the ravishing beauty gets sidetracked by her grandfather who insists she intern at his law firm to learn the defense side of the law.

Damned by his Ambition...

The last thing top criminal defense attorney Trenton Steele wants is to babysit an apprentice—especially the boss’s granddaughter. But recognizing an opportunity, he demands the private suite he covets in exchange for teaching Madrigal the ropes.

They Play a Dangerous Game...

Before long, this tough-as-nails lawyer and his wet-behind-the-ears intern are fighting more than court battles. They’re struggling against a sexual attraction that could ruin his career and derail hers. Unable to stay away from each other, they join forces to investigate her parents’ murders. And soon they’re uncovering long-buried secrets while succumbing to desires neither can deny.
 


My Review




                 2 Just not feeling it Stars



I just didn't care for this book. It wasn't so bad that I hated it. Hate would apply a strong emotion or feeling and I really didn't have a strong reaction at all to this book. The only things I felt while reading this book was indifference, bored, slightly annoyed, and then relief that I was done with it. I felt no connection to any of the characters. The only one I felt anything for was Madrigal and what I felt was annoyed. She was a total wimpy push over and a little immature. I didn't buy their relationship. I had no interest whatsoever in the story plot. Hell the book ends in a cliffhanger and I don't even care to find out what happens in the next book. That's saying something because I have OCD and I always feel the need to read the whole series once I start it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment