Friday, August 28, 2015

Street Game

Book Review of Street Game (GhostWalkers)


Title: Street Game

Series: GhostWalkers Series

Author: Christine Feehan

Date Published:   December 29th 2009

Date Read:  May 29, 2015

The Blurb:
For Mack McKinley and his team of GhostWalker killing machines, urban warfare is an art. But despite a hard-won knowledge of the San Francisco streets, Mack knows from experience that too many things can still go wrong. Danger was just another part of the game - and now he's come face-to-face with a woman who can play just as tough.

She's Jaimie, a woman with a sapphire stare so potent it can destroy a man. Years ago she and Mack had a history - volatile, erotic and electric. Then she vanished. But now she's walked back into Mack's life again, as a spy with more secrets than are good for her. Against all odds, she's hooking up with Mack one more time to take on an enemy that could destroy them both, or bring them back together in one hot, no-holds-barred adrenaline rush.
 

My Review



           
               4 A whole new team Stars



“As I recall, you said in no uncertain terms you weren’t ready for any kind of commitment. I took you at your word. What did you think I’d do?”

Street Game is the 8th book in the Ghostwalker series, and in it we meet a whole new team. A 3rd team filled with a bunch of new people that we have never heard of, and a few that we have like Kane, and Brian. I didn't know how I would feel about a book with a bunch of new people, but I loved them! Street Game was a great read, and I connected easily with this new team. Christine Feehan is doing a awesome job at keeping this series fresh, and intriguing. 

“I know. If I told you I missed you every hour of every day, what would you say to that?” “I’d say you couldn’t possibly have missed me more than I missed you. You tore out my heart, Jaimie. Don’t do it again. I’m not going to be perfect at this. I’d rather you snap me out of it some way. Kick me in the shins. Punch me. Get my attention. But don’t walk out on me when I’m being dense.”


What this book is about

Mack McKinley is the leader of Ghostwalker team 3. Everyone on his team is his family. They grew up together. 2 years ago the Heart of the family, and the love of Mack's life Jaimie left him, taking his heart with her, and leaving Mack angry, and hurt. Mack's team gets a mission to stop some gun runners, and are sent to San Francisco to a warehouse where the shipment is suppose to be. In stead of finding guns Mack and his team find Jaimie. Mack knows he messed up big time with Jaimie, but now that he has found her, he isn't letting her get away again. Mack knows it's not going to be easy. Jaimie wants nothing to do with him, or the life he leads. Can Mack get his Jaimie back, and can he keep her, and his family safe when a enemy comes to take Jaimie out?

“I’m always ready for you,” she answered. “I crave you.”

Mack:



“I don’t want to live in a world without you in it, Jaimie.” His mouth pressed tightly against her spine. “Never put yourself in jeopardy like that again.”

Mack is a Jerk. He is hardheaded, controlling, and doesn't know how to show the depth of his feelings for Jamie. And yet I like him! Man did he mess up with Jaimie, and then he lets his male pride keep him from going after her and winning her back. He feared how much he loved Jaimie, didn't show it, making Jaimie feel like it was just sex to him. He learns his lesson of course, and learns to show her how he feels, but it is slow going. Which I didn't mind because it made him feel realistic. He has a little of a fun, and playful side. He is super protective of his family. I love that even though him and Jaimie are apart two years they are both faithful to each other! 

“Like hell. Like hell I’ll stay away from you.” He stepped closer, his breath coming in ragged gasps. He burned for her. Every moment of every day. He couldn’t think straight without her. She stilled his mind. Made him human. “I can’t breathe without you, and damn you, you know it. You don’t get over what we had. You can’t. I can’t. We belong together no matter what bullshit you’re telling yourself.”


I should have told you I wanted you to stay. I know it’s not what you want to hear right now, but I was a fucking coward. Give me another chance with you. I don’t want to go through my life without you. I should have asked you to stay


“Listen to me. I laid here for hours figuring things out. You’re part of me and when I don’t have you, I can’t breathe right, let alone function. You make me whole. You keep me mellow. You’re the best person I know. I can talk about anything with you. Most of all, when I’m out there doing what I do, you’re the reason I do it. You’re the reason I know I’m going to make it back.” He brushed his mouth back and forth over hers in small, coaxing caresses. “With you, Jaimie, I’ve got everything. Without you, there isn’t much to life.”


Jamie:


“Inside me. Right now, Mack. I can’t wait.”

God I love Jaimie. She wanted a commitment from Mack, and when he wouldn't give it, she took a stand and left. Then when he shows up looking all yummy, and even with her still loving him, and wanting him bad, she stood her ground! Boy did she tell him what she thought, and I loved it. When she was letting him have it I was yelling at my Kindle " Yea honey you tell him!" Jaimie is funny, playful and super smart. Jaimie loves her family, and is very protective of them. She doesn't like violence, but she is brave in other ways, and she stands for what she believes in. 

“You broke my heart, Mack. You threw me away for your adrenaline rush. Well, you’ve got the life you wanted. I learned my lesson, and believe me, it was a hard one. You wanted sex and I was handy. I’m attracted to you and was willing to give you just about everything. I didn’t see for a long, long time that that” she jerked her chin toward the thick, rock-hard bulge in the front of his jeans “was all that mattered between us, all that you were ever going to give me. It isn’t ever going to be enough for me. I’ve got a life now, Mack. I’m never going to feel like that again, the way you made me feel. I hated myself. I don’t want to see you again. I’m asking you to just stay away from me.”


“I was a kid and anything you did was incredible and cool. I’m all grown up now and I know the difference between physical attraction and love. I want love. I want a family. I won’t settle for anything less and you don’t have that kind of commitment in you. You aren’t tearing out my heart, Mack. Go do your thing. Get your adrenaline rush, but when you come back all hot and bothered, find another woman to expend all that energy on, because I’m not available.”


“When you talk to me, Mack, sometimes you make me crazy, but I want to try again. Read some books on communicating with women, that’s my only advice to you, because you suck at it.”


“I know what I said, Jaimie. It was bullshit. I want a home. With you. A family. You are my family. You want children, we’ll have them. I don’t give a damn how many. Maybe a dozen so you don’t think about walking out on me again.”

Mack and Jaimie are a sweet, second chance couple. Their love felt real, and they had a ton of sexual tension. When they did come together it was hott! I love the new team. I really like Kane, Paul, and Javier. I love how they are all a very close loving family. They had a cute playfulness. I know Kane's book is next and I can't wait, but I hope Paul and Javier get books too. I really enjoyed this book! 

Below I leave my favorite moment from this book:

“I live for you. I love being in Force Recon in the GhostWalker unit. That word you always want me to say to you. I love what I do. The missions. The action. The ability to make a difference in the world. I love that, Jaimie. But you’re my other half. You’re everything. I don’t know how else to say it to you. There are no words for the way I feel about you. I hurt you, I know I did. I wanted to be your everything, more than love. I didn’t want to believe you could walk away from me and I let pride get in the way. I wanted you to come back to me on your own.” His throat closed and he cleared it, pressing his fingers to his stinging eyes. “I could never have walked away from you. I still can’t. The thought never once entered my mind. We were supposed to be together always. Always. Through everything, no matter how bad it got. It was always going to be us.”



No comments:

Post a Comment