Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Murder Game

Book Review of Murder Game (GhostWalkers)


Title: Murder Game

Series: GhostWalkers Series

Author: Christine Feehan

Date Published:   December 30th 2008

Date Read:  May 27, 2015

The Blurb:
Games should be fun, but for two expert teams across the country, they’re murder – because the winning team is the one that gets the most kills. The participants in this violent challenge rumored to be GhostWalkers. And Kadan Montague isn’t happy about it.

Kadan is a GhostWalker and he’s determined to clear the GhostWalker name of the rumors. To do it, he’s going to need the help of psychic Tansy Meadows. But as soon as he sees her, he knows his mission will be more complicated than he imagined – and the “murder game” may not be at all what it seems.
 


My Review



                   5 Cinnamon Stars 

                
                  *May have spoilers*



“We fit. You don’t want to be alone and neither do I. Give us a chance, Tansy. I’m not easy, but I’m loyal, yours, all the way.”

Wow Murder Game was awesome. Man can Christine Feehan write a intriguing plot. I loved this couple, and I loved this book. 7 books into this series, and I am still just as hooked as I was after reading the first book. I do want to say this book was darker, and there is some details about murder, rape, and the torture of men, women, and children.

“At the end of the day, when we sit in our rocking chairs, Tansy, and watch our grandchildren play, I can promise you, being with me will have been worth it.”

What this book is about 

Someone is committing murders, and the Ghostwalkers are getting the blame. Kaden has been ordered to find the murderer, and take him or her out, before all the Ghostwalkers are eliminated. Kaden needs the help of fellow Ghostwalker Tansy, who can read objects when she touches them, and she is helping them whether she wants to, or not. The only problem is the minute he smells her, he knows she is his genetically matched mate, and she is destroying all his ice cold control!

“But not tonight. Tonight I want to be so deep inside of you that you’ll never get me out. I want to brand you mine forever.”


Kaden:



Everyone believes Kaden has ice running through his veins, because he never shows emotions, until Tansy! I absolutely adore Kaden. He has one of the saddest backgrounds of the whole series. The only way he survives his past is by burying all his emotions, and having complete control at all times. I love how Tansy turns his whole world inside out. Kaden is very Passionate. I feel Christine Feehan did a wonderful job of keeping Kaden true to himself. Tansy softened Kaden a lot, but it was a slow melt, and he was still Kaden. Still bossy, and dominant, and rough around the edges. Kaden is very loyal, and determined. I found Kaden to be a sexy caveman beast! I didn't feel he was too controlling, or mean, just your typical yummy alpha male losing his cool over a woman. 

“I’m the only man who is ever going to lie with you at night and hold you close and keep you safe. I’m the only man who is going to make love to you anywhere, anytime, any way we both need or want it. More importantly, Tansy, I’m the man who is going to kill anyone who threatens you. So you can damn well listen to me.”

“My mind shares yours. If you’re determined to go through with this, then know wherever this takes you, you won’t be alone, Tansy. I’m strong. I’ll find your mind and I’ll bring you back.” “Last time I broke into a million pieces.” “I’ll find each one.”


“Never doubt that I want you every minute of every day. Night and day. I’m always hungry for you.” He tossed his wet shirt aside. “If I had my way, you’d just walk around naked waiting for me to bury myself in you.”


Tansy:

Her hands caught his face. Her gaze stayed locked on his. “I do love you. Every part of you. Can’t you feel it when I give myself to you? Feel me, the way I need you.”


I really like Tansy. She is sweet, and giving , but she stands up to Kaden, and his iron will when she truly wants something. She is brave, and wants to do the right thing. She is driven, and single minded when she starts a task. She needs to see it to the end. She loves wholeheartedly , and doesn't play with Kaden's feelings, which I loved! She softens Kaden with her love, understanding, and total acceptance of who he is. 

“You can bark out orders all you like, big man, but I’m not under your command. I’m not exactly an amateur at this business, and I don’t fall under the category of your underling, so get over that notion as well. Just who do you think you are, anyway?”


“I’m absolutely all right with you touching me. I love your hands on me. I especially love your mouth on me, and if you want to be inside me, say the word and I’m there. Just try not to throw me on the kitchen table in front of everyone and we’ll be fine.”


“You’re nothing like they are. Not a single part of you. You feel so much, so deeply, and your mind shuts that off to protect you. You aren’t a cold, unfeeling monster, Kadan, you never have been. That part of you is necessary, it keeps you from losing your mind. It’s a protection. Without it, you couldn’t do the things you need to do to keep the world a safer place. I know that sounds silly and trite, but it’s still the truth.” She brushed her mouth gently over his eyelids. “I love you exactly the way you are. I love that cold warrior who keeps this man you sane and alive and coming back to me.”


“Understand I’m telling you the truth. The one thing in your life, from now until the end, is that you can always count on me.”


Kaden and Tansy have a insta-love, but it worked for me. They are full of passion, and set my kindle on fire. I love them together, and rooted for them all the way. I love the comradery the Ghostwalkers have with each other. I love the way they are always ribbing each other. This book had a great story line that kept me on the edge of my seat dying to know what was going to happen next. Murder Game is a terrific addition to the Ghostwalker series. I can't wait to see what else this series has in store. I am on to the next book. 

Below I leave my favorite moment from this book:

He frowned and leaned close to Kadan, sniffing. “Cinnamon?” “Shut the hell up,” Kadan snapped and pushed past him. Ryland took another whiff and gave a low whistle. “You smell yummy. I’m getting hungry. Maybe cinnamon buns.” Kadan flipped him off rudely. Nico stood waiting by the front door. As always he was their backup. He frowned when the two GhostWalkers got close. “What the hell is that smell?” “Kadan’s new spicy cologne.” “Go to hell, Rye,” Kadan said and shot him a look that should have withered him on the spot. “Both of you can go to hell.” “I think his blood sugar’s dropping,” Ryland explained. “Must have been all the cinnamon candy he got tonight.” Nico put on an innocent face. “That woman of yours smells a little like cinnamon.” “Makes you hungry, doesn’t it?” Ryland said. “Yep. Can’t wait to tell Dahlia about this one. The ice man gets all hot and bothered around cinnamon spice. Who would have guessed?” “Don’t make me shoot you.” Kadan yanked open the front door. “Because I’ll do you both in a heartbeat and never look back.” Ryland smirked at him, not in the least intimidated. He began humming a tune overly loud under his breath. Kadan shot him a look of intense irritation. “What are you doing now?” Nico nudged him. “Don’t you know that tune? I’d think it was your favorite. You’re such a music cretin. Neil Young wrote some great songs.” When Kadan still looked blank, Nico sang the lyrics while Ryland hummed. “I wanna live with a cinnamon girl . . .” “I really am going to shoot you both.” Kadan shook his head.




No comments:

Post a Comment