Friday, August 14, 2015

Conspiracy Game

Book Review of Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers)


Title: Conspiracy Game

Series: GhostWalkers Series

Author: Christine Feehan

Date Published:  October 31st 2006

Date Read:  May 22, 2015

The Blurb:
GhostWalker Jack Norton is a genetically enhanced telepathic sniper on a mission to rescue his brother in the jungles of the Congo. Then he meets Briony, a beautiful rebel on a mission of her own - and hiding secrets that a shadowy enemy would kill to discover.


My Review



5 Sexy Twin Stars 


* Spoilers below*



“You talk to her like that again around me and I’m going to rip out your heart. We clear on that?”

Conspiracy Game is the 4th book in the GhostWalkers series and it was flippin awesome. What is better than a book about Sexy twin Super Soldiers Nothing!!!!!!



“I want you more than anything, Jack. I’m absolutely sure.”

What this book is about

Jack Norton has been taken prisoner by Rebels in the Congo after rescuing his brother from the same Rebels. They have been torturing him and he knows he won't make it much longer. Jack makes a break for it and escapes. While running he meets up with Briony who is a Ghostwalker like him. She saves his life and patches him up. The heat between them is so hot neither can fight it. They end up having wild sex. Jack knows he can't have Briony even if she is the only woman he has ever wanted a life with. He knows he is messed up and wants her to have a good life with a man that is better for her so he leaves her. It is the hardest thing he has ever done. 8 weeks later Briony shows up at his home asking for help. She is pregnant with his children and Dr. Peter Whitney is trying to kidnap her to get his hands on their children. In that moment Jack knows two things for sure. He will protect her and his babies with his life and he won't let her go this time. 

“I want you to see me for what I am, Briony. I’m hard and can be cruel and I don’t have those gentle feelings you deserve in a man.”



Jack is broody, and hard. He and his brother ken have had a hard life. Jack never lets himself get close to anyone because he fears he will become the monster his father was. He is your total bad ass alpha male. Domineering, protective, and possessive. It is so sweet how hard he tries to soften himself for Briony. He wants to make her happy and he tries to be romantic, but he is more caveman. He is antisocial so it is sweet the way he opens himself up for Briony. He has a very vulnerable side that makes him more endearing. The way he is about the babies. OMG I am a sucker for babies in stories and good fathers are so sexy. I love Jack. 

“It’s so fucking real, baby, I want to pick you up, wrap your legs around my waist, and bury myself deep inside you right here. Right now.” His voice roughened. “I can taste you in my mouth. I’m breathing you in with every breath I take. Don’t tell me it isn’t like that for you. It’s real and we both know it.”

“Hello in there. Come to attention. This is your father talking. Your mom’s a little afraid of this twin thing. We’re going to have to ease her into it, so don’t go kicking too hard at first. Give her a little time to adjust.” “The baby book says the baby can hear and eventually recognize our voices, but not this early.” “But they aren’t talking about our babies, Briony. They hear me. They know. And they aren’t going to be little soldiers for Whitney and his fucked-up plans.”

“This is it, Briony. This is me loving you. I’ve never felt for anyone else or wanted anyone else in my life the way I do you. I don’t know how to romance a woman, or how to be gentle or tender… ” 


Briony:

“You make me feel safe when you hold me, Jack,” Briony confided. “I’ve always been so afraid, but even now, surrounded by our enemies, you make me feel safe.”



Briony is great. She is very brave. She has fears about a lot of things but she faces all her fears head on and I love that. I really felt for Briony because when Jack left her the first time he was a jerk about it and it really hurt her. It took a lot of courage to go to him for help. She is very sweet and a little shy. She is loyal and loves her brothers. She knows how to pick her battles and how to handle strong willed men, but she does not let them push her around. She does what she feels is right no matter what. I love that she always shows her true self whatever she is thinking or feeling she is up front about it. She is very good for Jack because she is understanding , patience, and gives her love unconditionally!

“I’ve been keeping the baby safe, tough guy. You ran off, after fucking me, remember? Being the baby’s biological father doesn’t give you the right to dictate to me. In fact you have no rights when it comes to me. I asked for help protecting the baby, not someone to order me around.”

“Hello! Are you both morons? I’m pregnant. That means emotional. I’m not supposed to be the one with the cool head here. I’m supposed to fall apart at the drop of a hat; it’s my prerogative. You two are supposed to smile and nod and agree with everything I say.”


“I’m asking you to love me, Jack. If you can love me and accept me for myself, I can do the same for you. I can give you anything you need. I don’t want to be here, forcing you to give up your life for me because we happen to have made a baby together. And I’m no martyr to give up my life for you with nothing in return but protection.”


“This is how it all starts, bro. She’s getting bossy. I’ve heard women do that. They start out all soft and kittenish, leading a man on, and then the claws come out and they dig in and take over.” 

Jack and Briony together are so sweet. They balance each other well. So much of the story is about the babies and Jack, Briony, and Ken as a family. It was just melt your heart touching. I love the brother bonding. Conspiracy Game was action packed and kept a nice pace, but you got a nice slow build up on jack and Briony's relationship. I love everyone in this book and I felt just as attached to Ken as I did to the leads. I am so glad to see Flame and Lily doing better together. Another great book for this series. I am on to the next one. Below I leave my favorite moment from this book:


“Boys?” She caught his head in her hands, forcing him to look up at her. “Not boys. Boys are difficult. They do all sorts of boy things.” “Not girls, Briony. Can you see me trying to keep up with two little girls? And what happens when they get older and some boy wants to take them on a date?” He groaned and once again stretched out, turning on his side to prop himself up with one elbow. “I’d either lock the girls in closets or spend my life picking off hopeful horny teenagers.” “Hopeful horny teenagers?” she echoed. “We’d have to homeschool the girls and put up a twelve-foot barbwire electric fence complete with a security system.” “Let me get this straight. If we have boys, they can run wild and be free, but our daughters will be locked up in closets and behind fences for all time.” “That’s about right,” 



No comments:

Post a Comment