Saturday, July 25, 2015

Shadow Game

Book Review of Shadow Game (GhostWalkers)


Title: Shadow Game

Series: GhostWalkers Series

Author: Christine Feehan

Date Published: August 26th 2003

Date Read:  May 18, 2015

The Blurb:
The classified experiment is the brainchild of renowned scientist Peter Whitney and his brilliant daughter, Lily. Created to enhance the psychic abilities of an elite squadron, it can transform their natural mental powers into a unique military weapon. But something goes wrong. In the isolated underground labs, the men have been dying-victims of bizarre accidents. Captain Ryland Miller knows he is next. When Dr. Whitney himself is murdered, Ryland has only one person left to trust: the beautiful Lily. Possessed of an uncanny sixth sense herself, Lily shares Ryland's every new fear, every betrayal, every growing suspicion, and every passionate beat of the heart. Together, they will be drawn deeper into the labyrinth of her father's past and closer to a secret that someone would kill to keep hidden.


My Review



5 Melting the Ice Princess Stars




"Am I tempting you, Lily? You always look so cool. I always have a mad desire to melt the ice princess."


Wow I love Christine Feehan. I read all of her Dark series and loved them . I put off starting this series because I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to her Dark series. I should have known better than to doubt Christine's mad skills. This book was so dayum good! 

"I don't care if they find us locked together. Do you know what it feels like to have you so deep inside me?"

What this book is about


"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are, Ryland?"

Captain Ryland Miller and his men are the best of the best. They all signed up to let Dr. Peter Whitney do experiments on them in the hopes of turning them into an elite military group with psychic abilities. All is going well; They are growing stronger in their psychic abilities and training. But then some of the men start having seizures, others bleeding on the brain, and some dying. Now they are in cages locked away from each other and being treated like lab rats. Ryland doesn't know who he can trust or what to do all he knows is he has to save his men before anymore die! Dr. Peter Whitney brings his daughter Lily in to help with the experiments and to figure out why they are starting to fail. The second Ryland sets eyes on Lily he knows she is his forever! When Lily's father is murdered leaving Lily a message to save the men and right his wrongs, Lily and Ryland will have to work together with the team to find out who is killing off the men and trying to sabotage the project. Will Ryland be able to keep his men , his woman and himself safe? Will he be able to get Lily to stop over thinking their relationship and trust her heart when it comes to him?

"It isn't a game to me, Lily. I saw you. I knew you were meant to be mine the moment I laid eyes on you. It doesn't matter that we're in the middle of all this bullshit. You're forever. You're real."

Ryland:

"Yes, you can, Lily," he said softly, lifting his head, sucking the taste of her from his fingers, "you're going to take all of me deep inside you where I belong. I want you to know what no other man will ever do for you. I'm going to know you so intimately you're never going to think of leaving me."

Ryland is everything you want in a hero. He is sexy, kick ass, protective, bossy, fun, and sweet all rolled up in a yummy hard body! He is so sweet to Lily making her laugh every time she was sad. I love Ryland, he is so charming. Loyal to his men, strong for Lily and supportive. He alone made this book a 5 star book for me. He was just freakin Awesome. 

"Lily, can't you see there's more than just something physical between us? I ache for you, I won't deny it, but I feel sad when you're sad. I want more than anything to make you happy, to know you're safe. I think about you every minute of the day. You refuse to see what's between us. I look at you and see clouds in your eyes when you're looking back. Does it matter so much to you the why of it?"


"Your name is Lily Whitney. You are the woman I want at my side night and day. I want you to be the mother of my children someday. I want you for my lover. I want you for the person I turn to when the world gets to be too much."


"You're magic, Lily, sheer magic. And you're mine, Lily, my everything. I'm drawn to you because you're Lily Whitney with more courage in your little finger than most people have in their entire body. You have a brain, a sense of humor, a smile that knocks me over, and every single time I'm near you, I want to tear your clothes off. And damn it, I'm not going to lose you."


Lily:

"Go away." Her voice groaned the order. "I can't possibly move. Not ever again. Can someone die from making love too many times?" His teeth nibbled on the nape of her neck. "I don't know, but I'm willing to try if you are." It was sheer joy to wake up with Lily in his arms. "I want this for the rest of my life."

Lily for me is great one minute and the next I would want to shake her and I am not the only one since Ryland does shake her a few times in the book! Lily is so very smart she would try to use logic to push Ryland away and that drove me crazy. It was like she had two sides. The smart Ice princess, and the funny, kick ass passionate lover. I love that she is very brave and that she doesn't let any man walk on her. When she figures out that she is in love with Ryland and stops fighting her feelings Then I loved the hell out of her! 

"You're making a total ass out of yourself," she pointed out, "but fortunately for you, I'm in a forgiving mood. We elitists learn that at an early age when they put that silver spoon in our mouths."


"Really?" She looked down her nose at him, princess to peasant. "Men obey your orders because of your rank. Women think things out and decide all by their little lonesome what to do." She patted his head, her fingers lingering for just a moment on a spiral curl. "Don't worry, now that I know about your little ego problem, I'll do my best to look all gushy when you pound your chest."


"I do love him and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. This is your home. It will always be your home. You're my mother and no daughter could love you more than I love you. If you truly don't want Ryland and these men here, we will leave. All of us. I'll go with them."


"Just ask him. He thinks he's responsible for the entire world." The flat black eyes swung to taunt Ryland. "And you're making a damn fool out of yourself looking at her all goofy that way. You're making the male gender look bad."

Ryland and Lily have some serious heat! They burnt up my kindle! I love how when Ryland touches Lily she goes from Ice princess to wild woman in no time flat! I love the other team members they are all so funny and loyal. Standing by each other and pickin on each other like brothers. Shadow Games has a great plot, with lots of lovable characters. The world was built up well. Not only was this book smokin' hot , but it was funny. I love it when a book can make me laugh and this book made me laugh and smile a lot. Great read I can't wait to start the next book. Below I leave my favorite moment from this book:

"I don't think you had sleeping in mind," Kaden ventured. "I distinctly heard you say Ryland was interested in bondage. Are you planning on putting cuffs on him, because I want to stay around for that." "You were watching my movies," Arly accused. "What movies?" Gator chimed in. "Are you holding out on us? You have some good bondage flicks and you're not sharing?' "You're all obsessed with bondage," Lily felt compelled to point out.



No comments:

Post a Comment