Friday, May 8, 2015

Reaper's Stand

Book Review of  Reaper's Stand (Reapers MC Series)



Title: Reaper's Stand 

Series:Reapers MC Series

Author:Joanna Wylde

Date Published:  October 7th 2014

Date Read: November 11 & 12 , 2014

The Blurb:
As Reapers Motorcycle Club president, Reese “Picnic” Hayes has given his entire life to the club. After losing his wife, he knew he’d never love another woman. And with two daughters to raise and a club to manage, that was just fine with him. These days, Reese keeps his relationships free and easy—he definitely doesn’t want to waste his time on a glorified cleaning lady like London Armstrong.

Too bad he’s completely obsessed with her.

Besides running her own business, London’s got her junkie cousin’s daughter to look after—a more reckless than average eighteen-year-old. Sure she’s attracted to the Reapers’ president, but she’s not stupid. Reese Hayes is a criminal and a thug. But when her young cousin gets caught up with a ruthless drug cartel, Reese might be the only man who can help her. Now London has to make the hardest decision of her life—how far will she go to save her family?


My Review




3.5 I have no clue how they ever came back from that train wreck and got their HEA Stars


.......Ok So again not as good as the first one and not as Good as the 3rd one (which was my fav), but still a good book.....


Picnic is the Reapers president, and he is a widow who lost his wife and the mother of his 2 daughter's to cancer. After losing her he vows to never love another woman or take another old lady and becomes a man whore! (shocker right) For 6 months now he has lusted after the lady that owns the cleaning company that cleans the clubs businesses London Armstrong. He is fighting it because he knows she isn't from his world and isn't the kind of woman you hit it and quit it and he doesn't wanna lose his cleaning lady.


“God damn. I needed to either fuck her of fire her, because this in-between shit was not workin' for me. "Course Gage wanted her crew working out at The Line permanently, so I guess that meant firing was off the table.
Okay, then, I'd take one for the team and fuck her.” 



London is a 38 year old woman who owns London Cleaning Service. She has been raising her cousin's daughter Jessica who has a lot of health problems since she was born. Her husband left her because she wouldn't give Jessica up. She is total crushin of Picnic but she wants nothing to do with him because he is in a MC and she knows they are criminals.....


“I don’t know what bothered me more, his inherent scariness or the fact that his scariness sort of secretly turned me on.”


“Hayes’s lips ghosted across mine, and then he sucked my lower lip into his mouth. My legs clenched and in that instant I wanted him far more than I’d ever wanted anyone else. More than Nate, more than my ex . . . more than my high school boyfriend who took my virginity in a frantic, pawing frenzy when I was seventeen years old at a party out at Hauser Lake. I wanted that big, hard weapon of his deep inside me, spreading me open and pinning me down and making me scream until my voice broke.” 


I enjoyed the build up in their relationship and all the tension that is growing the more they are around each other, but Picnic also pulls some man whore shit that made me wanted to punch him the throat you know like fuckin chicks right in front of London!


“Yeah, I'm a real piece of work- a single man fucking a willing partner in the privacy of my own home. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep, I'm so ashamed of my actions.”


“So far as I knew, Hallmark didn’t make a “Sorry I Interrupted Your Oral Sex” card.” 



They end up getting together and then shit hits the fan Don't wanna give too much away but Jessica gets caught up in some cartel trouble and they use her to made London try and kill Picnic. 

"The only thing worse than destroying the man you care about is destroying him after he makes heartbreakingly beautiful love to you. I was still going to do it, though. I didn’t have a choice."

Shit got dark then and I kinda don't know how I feel about it. Her trying to shoot him, Him choking her and holding a knife to her throat although in all fairness the bitch did try to kill him. It's a little hard to come back after that one. I didn't really care for London's character I feel like she should have I don't know maybe went all Tammy Wynette and stand by her man... 

“Fuckin’ pussy thinks that maybe true love will conquer all, and then she’ll climb onto his bike and they’ll ride away into the sky on a rainbow while we all throw rose petals at them.” 

I am with picnic on that one i wanted love to conquer all too..


There where some really funny parts again with Horse cause duh he Rocks:


"I'll make the call." "We'll dial for you, cause we're helpful that way," Horse said “People don't always give us full credit for our warm, fuzzy side, but it's definitely there. We just love to help."
"Fuckin' Mother Teresa of the MC world, Horse. Brings a tear to me eye.” 

One thing that really pissed me off in this book was Bolt WTF he cheated on maggs after we watched her be faithful and damn good woman standing by her man while he is in prison for years and he is fuckin someone really??? such bull shit! for real Pissed me off bad! 




My least favorite of the whole series. I would like to seen some of the other guys get their own book......



No comments:

Post a Comment