Friday, May 22, 2015

His Risk To Take

Book Review of His Risk To Take (Line of Duty Series)


Title: His Risk To Take

Series: Line of Duty Series

Author: Tessa Bailey

Date Published:   May 13th 2013

Date Read:  April 16, 2015

The Blurb:
The greater the risk, the hotter the reward…

Homicide cop Troy Bennett had a reputation on the Chicago PD for being fearless and in control—until the night his daredevil partner is killed during a raid. From that moment on, he swears he’ll never again be responsible for the loss of a loved one. To escape his demons, Troy transfers to the NYPD, bringing him up close and personal with Ruby Elliott, a beautiful, street-savvy pool hustler.

Reckless and stubbornly independent, Ruby embodies everything Troy’s avoiding, but when she walks into O’Hanlon’s Pub and blows his carefully laid plans to hell, Troy knows he has to have her—risks be damned. But there’s a connection between Ruby’s shadowed past and a case Troy’s working involving a notorious Brooklyn felon, throwing her safety into jeopardy. Confronted with his biggest fear, will Troy push Ruby away to keep her safe or fight to keep her in his arms where she belongs?

My Review



      3 you sir are no Derek Tyler stars 





Maybe yummy lieutenant Derek Tyler ruined all the other men in this series for me. Maybe he is just too much to top!!! I don't know why, but this one just didn't did it for me. Insta-love stories are either hit or miss for me, and this one was a miss. It felt forced, and I didn't buy their relationship. No way does Troy hold a candle to the Lickable Derek! I expected one thing and got something else altogether. I feel a little let down!

Everything felt off to me. Troy our hero in this story felt like a generic knock off of Derek Tyler in every way. Every way!! The sex, and omg the dirty talk! The dirty talk which I am a huge fan of wasn't nearly as good and at times felt cheesy.



Ruby also fell flat for me. She was your typical misunderstood rebel girl, with the heart of gold under it all. Whatevs! Her angsty sass just wasn't doing it for me. Maybe the first book set the bar too high and I just need to 



Because even Troy as a cop and the crime plot to the story felt force like it was suppose to be bad ass and dangerous especially with the save at the end, but it just felt like this to me




Now don't get me wrong the book wasn't bad. It was a okay read an all. I wasn't bored or anything . It just wasn't as good as the first one. I think it would have helped if it had been a little longer, and if we had a little more story line and character development. Oh well I am on to the next one and I hope it is better than this one!



No comments:

Post a Comment