Thursday, April 2, 2015

Live Wire

Book Review of Live Wire  (Elite Ops Series)


Title: Live Wire

Series: Elite Ops

Author: Lora Leigh

Date Published:  March 1st 2011

The Blurb: 
Meet Captain Jordan Malone. For years he has been a silent, sexy warrior and guardian, operating independent of government protocol or oversight, leading his loyal team of Elite Ops agents to fight terror at all costs. A legend in the field, Jordan’s true identity has remained a mystery even to his own men…until now.Tehya Talamosi, codename Enigma, is a force to be reckoned with. A woman this striking spells nothing but trouble for Jordan. Armed with killer secrets—and body to die for—she’ll bring Jordan to his knees in longing as they both take on the most deadly mission they have ever faced. Because resisting desire this strong is impossible…


My Review




               
              3 Thank God it's over stars



I am so glad I am finished with this series. This was one of those times I really, really hated my OCD. I would have loved to stop reading this series after the hott mess that was Heat Seeker, but no my OCD had me powering on and I have made it to the other side. 



Live wire was also a big let down. No surprise there really after the last few books I wasn't expecting much. No it was not the train wreck that was Heat Seeker or as bad as Renegade, but totally disappointing. I am not going to do a normal review on this book as I had to force myself to read it and I don't wanna talk a ton about it. I just want to move on and never speak of it from this day forward. So I will just tell you what worked for me and what didn't. 

What I liked:

1. Tehya, I liked her. She was loyal and she was sassy.
2. I liked the plot of Tehya's past coming for her.
3. I liked seeing the other members of the team and their families
4. I loved Grandpop Malone 

What didn't work or I hated:

1. I felt Jordan was a huge coward . " I don't believe in love! It isn't real" bla bla bla
2. Jordan was a dick after they had sex most of the time
3. Jordan doesn't stop hurting Tehya with his selfish, I can't stay with you ,I don't believe in love crap into the very end of the book. 
4. Jordan slept with other women after meeting Teyha while she waited for him
5. it took almost 9 years for them to get together. 9 damn years!!!!!!!
6. Way too much damn sex in this book. It was almost all sex and no story.
7. OMG the editing. Really I don't think there was any. This whole series had the worst editing I have ever read in my life. Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. Repetitious as hell 
9. Boring
10. Tehya was bred to have no Pubic hair? What is she part sphynx cat? WTF?????
11. Tehya had a very hard life and instead of being a hero and making her feel loved, special, safe, cherished and wanted. Jordan just pretty much used her for sex while telling her he was gonna leave her as soon as she was safe , so i guess most of what didn't work for me in this book was that Jordan was a dickhead!!!!!!!



I am so glad this is over . This was the first time reading Lora leigh, and I don't know if I will ever read Lora Leigh again. I have her Breed series on my TBR list, but after this I just don't know if I can handle it!



No comments:

Post a Comment