Saturday, April 18, 2015

Consumed

Book Review of Consumed (Deep In Your Veins Series)



Title: Consumed

Series:Deep In Your Veins Series

Author:Suzanne Wright

Date Published: December 11th 2014

Date Read:  April 01, 2015

The Blurb:
Sventé vampire Ava Sanchez has a difficult decision to make: should she accept the invitation of the Grand High Master Vampires and join their legion? It will mean leaving behind her brother and her home. It will also mean working with Pagori vampire, Salem McCauley. Unlike the majority of vampirekind, she doesn’t fear Mr. Tall, Blond, and Dauntless…even if he does have some psychopathic traits. In fact, he has a raw sexuality that tempts her to drop her ‘no relationships’ rule and give him exactly what he wants from her – everything.

Salem McCauley doesn’t like anything cute, or sweet, or cheery. Yet he wants Ava with a desperation that’s bordering on obsession. And shockingly, she doesn’t look at him like others do – you know, like they fear he’ll rip out their spinal cord for fun. Now that the legion will be busy hunting the players involved in the creation of an illegal vampiric brothel, there’s no time for pursuing Ava. But Salem makes time, because he never denies himself what he wants and he always holds tight to what’s his. And that’s exactly what Ava is, whether she knows it or not: His.   


My Review


4.5 Darkly Possessive Stars 






He has lucid moments, though they're few and far between. And he's a warm, cuddly bear at heart." 


Oh Yeah that's how it is done! Consumed is the 4th book in the Deep in your veins series. It is the first one of the series that is not about Jared and Sam, and Suzanne Wright Rocked that shit!!!! OMG it was good. So Consumed is about Ava Sanchez who is considering Jared and Sam's invitation to join the all women Legion they are starting up. If she takes it she will be leaving her nest and brother, but she wants to do good in the vampire world. If she takes the job she will have to be around Salem, who she wants more than anything, but she doesn't do relationships. Men always like her at first then they try to change her. So sick of being hurt she has given up on having anything deep, but Salem doesn't want a fling he wants everything. Will she let Salem into her heart or push him away. Can Salem break down the walls around Ava's heart and show her that she is perfect for him just the way she is?


"You smell good. Your scent makes me hard every time. I want to wear it on my skin." His voice was thick with need. " And I want my scent on you."

Salem:

Dayum Salem is dark and hott. He has been hurt bad and it has made him surly, closed off, and overly protective. He thinks he's a failure because he didn't protect the people that meant something to him in the past, when he was human. The guilt eats at his soul. Ava is like sunlight in his dark heart. She makes him smile, and softens the rough edges. I loved Salem with Ava. Salem was sexy, strong and the way he showed Ava that he loved her for who she was. I just melted! He made the perfect damaged bad boy learning to love. 


"Do you know why I resisted you for so long? Because I knew that if I had even one taste of you, you'd never be free of me. I thought I could do the right thing and stay away. You're sweet and kind and everything I'm not. I've done a lot of bad things. Things I don't even regret. You can do a hell of a lot better than someone who's as fucked up as I am. But I'm a selfish prick. I've never let anyone keep me from what I want Ever."


"I hope you like the feel of me inside you, baby, because there'll be no one else after me. You'll never take another person inside you. You'll never feed from anyone but me. And no one will ever drink from you but me. Only me."
 


Ava:

God I loved Ava she was different and I loved that. She totally kicked ass but she was also perky, upbeat, hyper, and just all over the place. I thought she would drive me batty but she didn't. It really worked for her, she played flaky airhead well, but it was an act. Under her bubbly personality she had a endearing vulnerability that made you feel her. She was sweet, playful and funny as hell when she turned on the airhead act. 


"Oh, I know you do.... which is why your opinions will now be redirected to '1-800-I-fail-to-give-a-flying-fuck'."


"I don't want gentle, Salem." "And I don't want you in pain." "Yes, you do. Because then even once it's over, I'll still be able to feel you every time I move." A mischievous smile curved her lips. "And you like that idea."


"I don't need Yogi when I have my own bear right here." I rubbed his chest. "So cute and cuddly." 






"No, Ava, I'm not. Never mistake me for a good guy." I rolled my eyes. "I know, I know: you're the biggest, baddest, scariest thing out there." He tilted his head. "You're not afraid of me at all, are you?" "You're too sweet and cute to be scary." His scowl deepened. "I'm not sweet, and I'm not cute." "Cutely manly, then."


Ava and Salem together are sweet and sexy. Cute and playful . They had that opposites attract thing going on. They complemented each other so well. She picked on him and calmed him down making him live a little. She saw good in him and he made her take things more seriously . He gave her a feeling of safety and acceptance. They had tons of chemistry and passion. I loved how he kept picking her up by the back of her shirt and carrying her around. The plot was great and flowed well. I was hooked from beginning till end. I loved getting to see Jared and Sam , they are my favorite couple, and it was nice that they had a pretty good size role in this book too. Consumed was a great read and I would recommend this book and this whole series to anyone who loves Paranormal Romance. Below is my favorite moment in this book:


"You look-" I froze as two farting sounds split the air. I looked at Sam and Jared only to find that they were both scowling as they pulled out whoopee cushions from under the white chair covers. Knowing exactly who was responsible, I shot the guys- all of whom were shaking with silent laughter- a snarl. That was when they smiled, revealing blackened teeth. A loud giggle popped out of Ava, which acted as a catalyst. Suddenly everyone, even the damn Prelate, was laughing... other than myself and Chico. "They're dead," he mouthed to me, which I nodded in agreement. 













No comments:

Post a Comment