Saturday, March 7, 2015

Obsidian

Book Review of Obsidian (New Species Series)


Title: Obsidian

Series: New Species Series

Author: Laurann Dohner

Date Published: August 28th 2012

The Blurb: 
Book 8 in the New Species series. Dr. Allison Baker is obsessed with saving the comatose New Species male. She has tried everything and there's only one option left. Alli will break every rule and put her life in danger by tempting 880 to wake, using only her feminine scent and touch. She just has to kidnap him and crawl into bed with him to make it work. 880 wakes in a different world with a small female who's been sleeping beside him, caressing him and wrapping her sweet body around his, teasing his senses. He lies silent and still, listening and evaluating each arousing touch, fighting his body's reaction. Hatred flares when he discovers she's human, but Mercile stole everything from him so he decides it's fair to take her in return. But things quickly change and he wants her at his side and in his bed. 880 has chosen a new name-Obsidian-the personification of dark and dangerous. He'll fight them all to keep Alli. No one will stand in his way.


My Review



                           2.5 Meh Stars




Obsidian is the 8th book in the New Species series. I didn't feel it at all. It was just Meh at best. So Obsidian is about 880 later named Obsidian who is in a coma when the book starts and has been for months, is kidnapped by Dr. Allison Baker. Allison steals the NS male because she believes that if she can make him want a woman's scent she can wake him up from his coma and she feels she has no other choice. She went to Tiger and Justice with her idea and they told her No. So she took him knowing there would be hell to pay, but knowing she couldn't just stand around and wait for him to waste away to nothing and die. It worked Obsidian is awake and he wants Allison for his own and he is out of control and all hell breaks loose! 


Obsidian:



Obsidian was way over the top like a roided out aggressive meathead. I know he was newly freed and didn't know the world around him and that he had a bad bad life, but he was rude and acting like a jerk! He was a bully who flipped out every few minutes. I didn't find him sexy at all I wanted to slap the shit outta of him and tell him to 



"Do not insult yourself or me. I am not blinded by her memory. You are very appealing but you believe I am so baffled from my long sleep that I don’t know the difference? I am not a victim. I’m a survivor and I adapt. It’s what I do best.” His thumbs kept teasing her skin, making her very aware of his touch. “I want you despite your flaws. You lure me to you and you make my blood boil with need.”


“I’m not him and you are not 46.” He tilted his head slightly. “This isn’t wrong. It doesn’t feel that way. This is right. Feel it.” He paused. “Feel me.” He released her hair and cupped the back of her head, pulling her mouth to his.


“You are mine! There is nothing to fight about. I will win.”



Allison:



I didn't really like Allison either she was like a timid mouse that let him and everyone else walk all over her. If the wind blew hard she was frightened. She let Obsidian bully her almost the whole damn book, and she was super insecure about her relationship with him. 

“You heard me. Don’t glare at me with that mean look. I’ve let you bully me this far but you just crossed the line—the Grand Canyon of them.”


“I’m in love with you and that’s why I can’t allow you to make a mistake this big.” Those tears spilled over her lower lids and slid down her face. “I would do anything for you and I wish I really was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with.” She took a shaky breath while he did too. “This is too fast though and you have no idea what is out there or what your future could be like if you weren’t tied to me.”



I didn't connect to them as a couple at all , didn't connect to the story line. I didn't feel any steam or romance. It was just ok at best. At times they both got on my nerves. I did enjoy Breeze. I didn't like that they fired Allison for kidnapping Obsidian, after all she did save his damn life and they rewarded her by acting like she was a evil trust breaker! It pissed me off that they let the psychologist talk to Allison like she was a rapist. I think it was bull crap that they separated them, because he was too wild and they would have to put him down. Really? That drama felt forced. He was just freed and out of a coma and was learning they didn't give him time. Not to mention if he mated with Allison, which he did, that would make him act a fool not better. It made no sense and would have made Obsidian not trust them since they told him they wouldn't take his mate away and that is the first thing they did! 


I hope the next one is better cuzz this was blah! I leave you with the only part of the book that made me smile a little. I didn't really have a favorite moment. 

“She stole you to save your life. I want you to understand that. She cared for you and stayed by your side. She put her life at risk to save yours. Do you know what happened to her?” “No.” “They locked her up. She’s a prisoner inside her home. She isn’t allowed to be a doctor anymore and is no longer trusted.” Anger deepened her voice. “We don’t agree with that but the males won’t listen to us. They are butt hurt over her being able to steal you as easily as she did. A mere little human smuggled you past all their security measures.” “Butt hurt? Did she give them injections to make them unconscious?” “No. Their pride is injured and they are being stupid,” one of the women by the door softly growled. “You’ve got to help her after all she did for you. It is the right thing to do.”



No comments:

Post a Comment