Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fury

Book Review of Fury (New Species Series)



Title:Fury

Series: New Species Series

Author: Laurann Dohner

Date Published: July 27th 2011

The Blurb: 


Ellie is horrified to discover the pharmaceutical company she works for is doing illegal experiments. Company scientists have spliced human and animal DNA, creating exotic new species. One such “experiment” captures her heart and she’ll do anything to save him—even if he hates her for it.

Fury has never known compassion or love. He’s spent his life in a cell, chained and abused by humans. The one woman he allowed himself to trust betrayed him. Now he’s free and set on vengeance. He vows to end her life but when she’s finally in his grasp, harming her is the last thing he wants to do to the sexy little human.

Fury can’t resist Ellie—the touch of her hands, her mouth on his skin, her body wrapped around his. He’s obsessed with the scent of his woman. And Ellie wants Fury—always has. She craves his big, powerful body and wants to heal his desolate heart.

But loving Fury is one thing…taming him is another.
 


My Review



4.5 pioneer couple Stars



“Sense of smell. I know you want me. Your scent is so sweet when you are aroused. I want to lick you and feast on your desire. You’ve been torturing me for days.”


Fury is the First book in the New Species Series. This is my first time reading a Laurann Dohner novel and I really liked it. I really love the different take on the world of shifters that she made. I have read nothing like it before and that alone made me intrigued. Add to that a evil pharmaceutical company, illegal experiments, abuse, and forbidden love and you have a must read! 


“I knew it would be this incredible,” he stated in a raspy voice. “Too good.” Anger tightened his features then for a few heartbeats. “Damn you for affecting me this strongly, Ellie.”



Fury is filled with rage. A test subject held in a cell prison experimented on and abused most of his life now he is free and trying to help his people start their lives. He has never known kindness or love, until Ellie. She is so small so human, he knows he should stay away, but he just can't! Fury was a Total bad ass. Possessive, super protective, sexy, fun, and strong willed. I loved Fury's character!


“I want you. I hate it but I hurt to be inside you, to know what it would feel like to have you wrapped around me, and the pleasure I think I could find with you. I’ve never wanted a woman more. Tell me I can have you or help me remember that I can’t ever forgive what you did to me. Say something, anything, to remind me why I shouldn’t hurt to be with you so much it makes it hard for me to breathe.”


“I just want you. I paced the entire time you were gone, imagining the worst. I just want inside you. I want you screaming my name and your scent filling my head. I need to feel your wet heat, to bury myself in you deep and hold you there for as long as I can keep us connected.”



“I don’t have affairs. You are the only woman I want.”


Ellie worked for Mercile not knowing the evil things they were doing. Asked to go undercover and get the info on Mercile and help bring them down and help free the New Species! Since the day she seen subject 416 she can't get him off her mind. In order to get the deeds on the evil pharmaceutical company she has to do things that make her sick, but she will do what ever it takes to save 416 even if she hates herself. Ellie was playful, and sassy, and very loving, but she didn't really stand out to me. She was just kind of there not bad or anything but not unforgettable. 

Ellie shook her head. “You are going to rest or I swear I’ll borrow a Taser gun, shoot your ass, and tie you to the bed.” Fury growled viciously at her and his dark eyes narrowed. Ellie growled back at him and tugged harder. “Don’t snarl at me. I will do it right back. Now let’s get you undressed.” She glared up at him. “You are supposed to be in the hospital still. Don’t give me any shit, Fury. I love you to death but if you don’t lie down, I will borrow his Taser gun. I mean it.”


“It’s going to be all right,” Ellie promised softly. “We’re together and I’m going to sit here with you for however long it takes for you to feel better. You aren’t going to hurt me. I know you won’t because you love me as much as I love you.”



The story was a great read with tons of steamy sex, protective powerful sexy alpha males, and a strong interesting plot. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves PRN. I am on to the next book. I will leave you with my favorite moment from the book. 


Ellie moved closer, rising to her tiptoes to brush her lips against his ear. “I love your ass and the fact that you’re totally healed up. I can’t wait to get you alone.” “Ellie?” Slade spoke. Ellie turned her head. “I’m talking over here.” “And we’re all listening,” Slade chuckled while he tapped his ear. “Keen hearing. Glad to know Fury is back to a hundred percent though.” Blushing, Ellie glared at him. “What is it with you guys? Couldn’t you at least pretend you didn’t hear that?” Slade winked. “Where would be the fun in that? You blush so cutely.”



No comments:

Post a Comment