Sunday, February 15, 2015

Fifty Shades Darker

Book Review of Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Series)



Title: Fifty Shades Darker

Series: Fifty Shades

Author: E L James

Date Published: September 16th 2011

The Blurb: 


Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.


But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

My Review


4.5 "He's my happily ever after," stars 





"I've missed you so much, Anastasia," he breathes.


Fifty Shades Darker is the second book in the Fifty Shades Trilogy. Another great book by E.L. James. I loved this book even more than the first!! 


"I don't want to fight with you, Anastasia. I want you back, and I want you healthy,"


This book picks up a week after Ana left Christian because she couldn't handle his lifestyle . They are both miserable and miss each other. Christian tells her he wants her back anyway he can have her and that he wants a normal relationship with no rules, no dominating her , and No punishments! Ana gives him another chance and this book is about them learning the middle ground.


"I want you that relaxed with me," he whispers. All trace of humor has gone. Deep inside me that joy stirs again. But how can this be? We have issues. "You have to stop intimidating me if you want that," I snap.



"Appearances can be deceptive," he says quietly. "I'm anything but fine. I feel like the sun has set and not risen for five days, Ana. I'm in perpetual night here." I'm winded by his admission. Oh my, like me. "You said you'd never leave, yet the going gets tough and you're out the door." "When did I say I'd never leave?" "In your sleep. It was the most comforting thing I'd heard in so long, Anastasia. It made me relax."



This book has so much. It was funny cute, very romantic, and heart wrenching emotional. The middle road is a bumpy one and Ana and Christian really go through some ups and downs, but they both grow so much in this book. It was very moving!


"You never cease to amaze me, Anastasia. After a day like today - or yesterday, rather - you're not whining or running off into the hills screaming. I am in awe of you. You're very strong." "You're a very good reason to stay," I murmur. "I told you, Christian, I'm not going anywhere, no matter what you've done. You know how I feel about you."



Christian:

When Ana left, Christian had a big wake up call. Reevaluating his life he knows he needs to change to get Ana back. Christian really grows and heals so much in this book , and it was a beautiful thing to read. He opens himself up to Ana and starts fighting his demons. He was so controlling in the last book you could feel how hard it was for him to let go and start to compromise. And when he let Ana touch him . Swoon! 

"Those photos the boy took... I can see how he sees you. You look so untroubled and beautiful, not that you're not beautiful now, but here you sit. I see your pain. It's hard knowing that I'm the one who has made you feel this way. "But I'm a selfish man. I've wanted you since you fell into my office. You are exquisite, honest, warm, strong, witty, beguilingly innocent; the list is endless. I am in awe of you. I want you, and the thought of anyone else having you is like a knife twisting in my dark soul."



"I've never felt the way I felt when you left, Anastasia. I would move heaven and earth to avoid feeling like that again."



"You make me forget everything. You are the best therapy,"



"I thought - " He stops. "This is me, Ana. All of me... and I'm all yours. What do I have to do to make you realize that? To make you see that I want you any way I can get you. That I love you." "I love you, too, Christian, and to see you like this is..." I choke and my tears start afresh. "I thought I'd broken you." "Broken? Me? Oh no, Ana. Just the opposite." He reaches out and takes my hand. "You're my lifeline," 



Ana:



Ana really grew in this book too. She starts to really tell Christian what she is feeling . Starts to stick up for herself more. She is very strong for Christian slowly getting him to open up to her and showing him that he is loved and worth love. Understanding of his past, she helps him heal a little at a time. She was worried that she wouldn't be enough to keep Christian happy, but by the end of the book she starts to realize that she is just what he needs. That they are what each other needs!!!!


"It's very confusing being with you. You don't want me to defy you, but then you like my 'smart mouth.' You want obedience, except when you don't, so you can punish me. I just don't know which way is up when I'm with you."



"You really have to let me fight my own battles. You can't constantly second-guess me and try to protect me. It's stifling, Christian. I'll never flourish with your incessant interference. I need some freedom. I wouldn't dream of meddling in your affairs."



"You know how jealous I am," he whispers. "You have no reason to be jealous, Christian. You own me body and soul."



Ana and Christian in this book really build a beautiful and trusting relationship. Each giving a little and trying hard to make the other happy. The romance in this book was so sweet. I didn't care for the sex in the first book, but in this book WOW! So much better . Still Kinky, but not degrading or humiliating , Very hot!!!!


"I'm really not hungry right now... for food." "What are you hungry for, Miss Steele?" "I think you know, Mr. Grey." He leans down, and again I think he's going to kiss me, but he doesn't. "Do you want me to kiss you, Anastasia?" he whispers softly in my ear. "Yes," I breathe. "Where?" "Everywhere."


"Don't cry, Ana, please," he murmurs against my mouth. "It was long ago. I am aching for you to touch me, but I just can't bear it. It's too much. Please, please don't cry." "I want to touch you, too. More than you'll ever know. To see you like this... so hurt and afraid, Christian... it wounds me deeply. I love you so much." He runs his thumb across my bottom lip. "I know. I know," he whispers. "You're very easy to love. Don't you see that?" "No, baby, I don't." "You are. And I do and so does your family. So do Elena and Leila - they have a strange way of showing it - but they do. You are worthy." "Stop." He puts his finger over my lips and shakes his head, an agonized expression on his face. "I can't hear this. I'm nothing, Anastasia. I'm a husk of a man. I don't have a heart." "Yes, you do. And I want it, all of it. You're a good man, Christian, a really good man."




One of the things I didn't care for was the constant “inner goddess” crap it was driving me batty. I thought this book was a great read and I can't wait to start the next one. I will leave you with my favorite part of the book , when I read it I was yelling " Yea Bitch in yo face!" 


My Favorite moment in the book:

"I've never seen him so happy, and it's obvious that you have feelings for him, too." A brief smile flits across her lips. "That's great, and I wish you both the best of everything. But what I wanted to say is if you hurt him again, I will find you, lady, and it won't be pleasant when I do." She stares at me, ice-cold blue eyes boring into my skull, trying to get under my mask. Her threat is so astonishing, so off the wall that an involuntary, disbelieving giggle escapes me. Of all the things she could say to me, this is the least expected. "You think this is funny, Anastasia?" she splutters in dismay. "You didn't see him last Saturday." My face falls and darkens. The thought of Christian unhappy is not a palatable one, and last Saturday I left him. He must have gone to her. The idea makes me queasy. Why am I sitting here listening to this shit from her of all people? I slowly rise, gazing at her intently. "I'm laughing at your audacity, Mrs. Lincoln. Christian and I have nothing to do with you. And if I do leave him and you come looking for me, I'll be waiting - don't doubt it. And maybe I'll give you a taste of your own medicine on behalf of the fifteen-year-old child you molested and probably fucked-up even more than he already was." Her mouth falls open. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have better things to do than waste my time with you."



No comments:

Post a Comment