Sunday, February 1, 2015

Seducing Destiny

Book Review of  Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles)


Title: Seducing Destiny

Series: The Fae Chronicles

Author: Amelia Hutchins

Date Published: January 20th 2015

The Blurb:
Less than six months ago my life was twisted and flipped on its side. Things have changed so much I barely recognize myself anymore. 

I am no longer an Enforcer. 

I am no longer a Witch. 

I no longer hate the Fae. (For the most part) 

And the sex-on-a-stick-gorgeous-Fae? He isn't really the Dark Prince. 

No, he is the father of my children and with the babies on the way, the land dying and the Mages closing in; alliances will have to be formed if we are all to make it through the war that is coming to our front door.

Between warring Gods and Goddesses, how are any of us supposed to win?

My Review


                       5 Emotional Stars
                                                                              
                                                                            * Spoilers below*



This series is Fucking Awesome!!!!!!!! This book wow, I don't even know where to start or how to put into words how good this book was. It had everything I want in a book, and I finally got the I love you I was waiting for from Ryder and Syn!!!! Amelia Hutchins does it again! Right out the gate she had me freaking the hell out. This book grabbed my attention and kept me on a emotional rollercoaster til the end. At the 25% mark of the book I am gutted!!   Syn Fucking dies!!!! Right before she dies she looks at Ryder and tells him "Fairy, be good to our children. I love you, I've loved you since the moment you walked into my world, and always will," I whispered as I held his eyes. "Tell them I loved them and how much I wanted to be here for them, Ryder, and how much I love you," Straight fucking gutted!!! OMG after that she dies and Ristan has to cut her open to save the babies... BTW there is Three babies! Ryder is a wreck after Syn dies and he is telling her goodbye he tells her "This is your love; it has to be. I can't breathe. I can't fucking breathe without you, Synthia Raine. You weren't supposed to leave me, Pet; that wasn't the deal. I told you I would find you, damn you. How could you run from me in death where I cannot follow you? This isn't right, but I get it now, you taught me. I know what love is, and it hurts. It's tearing me apart, and I find I don't enjoy it at all. Had you told me of this kind of pain, I'd have denied wanting it. I'd have lied if I could have. But if not feeling this pain meant never knowing you, I'd feel it again and again-just for you. I'd do it all again for one more moment with you." 



Yup at this point I am losing my shit, and crying like a damn baby!

Ryder was perfect in this book. The way he broke over Syn, and the way he was with their babies melted my heart. Nothing is sexier than a good father! Nothing!!!! He was so romantic and sweet, but still all sexy, powerful, dominant , and Possessive alpha male he has always been just a whole lot sexier. And the man cornered the market on dirty talk!

"Is that what you are? Because I thought you were my dirty little plaything. One who screams my name so loudly while I'm driving my cock into you, that the Humans can hear us going at it in their own realm."


"After we present our children to our people, I'm going to kiss every inch of you and I promise to not leave anything untouched. I'm going to make you beg for my cock, and then maybe I'll let you have control of my cock... maybe,"



"I'm going to make you scream and beg for mercy, but I'll have none. Not for tonight. Tonight you are going to beg me for every release I give you. 



Syn brave, strong, and fighting with all she's got! Syn.... Damn I love Syn. There is nothing about her I would change. She is perfect! Standing by her man. Fighting for her family. Watching her go from a Fae hating woman that lets the past blind her to a loving mother perfect!

"It hurts to feel something so much and to have the other person not know or be unwilling to return those feelings. That's what I feel for you; that's love. And yes, at times it hurts like a bitch, Fairy. But I didn't leave you willingly; I'm still here and even death couldn't take me away from you in the end."


"I need no other man because my beautiful beast loves me. He is my equal, and mine. As I am his. That's why you own me, Fairy. You may own me in the bedroom, but that is because I allow it. I allow you to love me, because I love you. I am never owned, but I can be charmed into a partnership. Those are facts; now stop arguing because as a smart man once told me, I always win."



Syn and Ryder


Damn but I love em.. A beautiful couple. Sweetest damn family. I am so addicted to this series! To these characters. They feel so real to me, and I feel completely invested in this couple and their family, friends, and their world. I waited four books for the lovey dovey stuff and this book gave it to me, and so much more. It was worth the wait because I melted...

"Then marry me, Synthia, fucking marry me and make me yours as I want to make you mine. Forever,"


"I'm asking you this, not because I almost lost you, but because I know now that I need you. You're my air, Synthia Raine Mckenna, the mother to my children and my entire world. I know now that I've always wanted you, and while I went through deceitful ways to obtain you, we now know that this was our destiny all along. I love you, and I don't want to live without you. So, Pet. Will you marry the beast?"


"I love you," I whispered. "I love you too, Synthia. Forever will never be long enough with you,"


"I need to marry her before she remembers what an asshole I used to be, and all I've done to get and keep her." "I remember, and you being an asshole back then only makes me want to marry you more. I have countless time to torture you. Karma just changed her name , to Synthia."



And Ristan oh God poor Ristan.... Break my heart! I hope his book is next I need more Ristan, need to see his pain healed, and I need him to get his Happy Ever After. I really enjoyed Syn with her family. I love her brother Liam and the blood king and queen! I would love to see Liam get a love story too he deserves HEA too!

"My daughter birthed triplets! Long live the Horde King and soon to be Queen!"


The only thing I didn't care for in this book was the choking during sex thing. It just didn't do it for me. I get that the writer was trying to try it fresh and all, but it's not my thing! Other than that this book was Epic. It has a great story, and kept me guessing I never knew what would come next. Action packed, fast pace, and full of naughty, lusty passion. The Fae Chronicles has made a Fan girl outta me!!! Loved it and I would recommend this series to anyone looking for a awesome paranormal romance!!





No comments:

Post a Comment