Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Jacob

Book Review of Jacob(Nightwalkers Series)


Title: Jacob

Series: Nightwalkers

Author: Jacquelyn Frank

Date Published: December 1st 2006

The Blurb: Since time began, there have been Nightwalkers - the races of the night who live in the shadows of the moonlight. Love with humans is absolutely forbidden, and one man makes certain to uphold this ancient law: Jacob, the Enforcer...

For 700 Years, He has resisted temptation. But not tonight...

Jacob knows the excuses his people give when the madness overtakes them and they fall prey to their lust for humans. He's heard every one and still brought the trespassers to justice. Immune to forbidden desires, uncontrollable hungers, or the curse of the moon, his control is total...until the moment he sees Isabella on a shadowy New York City street. Saving her life wasn't in his plans. Nor were the overwhelming feelings she arouses in him. But the moment he holds her in his arms and feels the soft explosion of her body against his, everything changes. Their attraction is undeniable, volatile, and completely against the law. Suddenly everything Jacob has ever believed is inflamed by the heat of desire...

My Review


4.5 Stars
So this is my first Jacquelyn Frank book. I have put off starting this series for a while now because, a lot of my friends have had mixed reviews about it. I really Enjoyed it! Now I am ready for more...

This book is about Jacob a 700 year old demon. The Enforcer for his people, it is his job to uphold the ancient law that forbids demons to mate humans. A job that leaves him isolated and very lonely. He has never felt the forbidden desires for humans or the curse of the moon like a lot of his people fall prey too. He is in total control at all times, until he meets bella.

Jacob: 

I really loved Jacob's character. He was sexy, strong, overprotective, and a straight up bad ass! He was very funny and sweet with Bella. The playfulness between him and Bella was adorable... He is loyal, honorable, and respectful. 


“You stole it, little thief, and socked it away inside you. I know you remember where it is, too. If you remember to that moment of hesitation, just before I touched that sweet spot that excites you so much… ” 


“When she is close, if she so much as looks at me from below her lashes, or if she smiles… ” Noah could hear the distinct sound of the Enforcer’s back teeth grinding shortly against each other. “I no longer know myself. I no longer know what is right.”


“You do not know the power you have,” he uttered in a voice like rough sandpaper. “You are so beautiful.” He reached to cup her face in his hand. “So soft and so warm.” His fingers fanned out against her skin, sliding silkily over her cheek, chin, and throat. He inhaled through his nose, a long, purposeful breath. “And that. Your scent. It drives me mad.”

Isabella:

I also loved Bella's character. She was so brave, smart and strong. Very playful and funny. She was understanding, caring,and sweet, but she was also Kick ass and sassy. She didn't let anyone walk on her or push her around. I love that she stood up to Jacob!



“My soul belongs with yours. Your heart belongs with mine. I feel this with every molecule of my being. I felt it the moment I saw some idiot walking down a dark street in the Bronx during the scariest hours of the night.”



"Fine. I understand,” she said with a little shrug, turning her head slightly so he couldn't see her eyes. “If it’s really that important to you, I’ll go have sex with a human male first. Then I’ll know what I’m talking about before I broach the matter with you again.” Jacob felt the statement the same way he had felt the blast of Elijah’s intervention the first night he had touched her. It slammed into him with breathtaking brutality, destroying his sense of direction and balance. Rage surged through him, turning his eyes into glistening black voids. The idea of another man touching that precious skin, kissing her sweet, delicious mouth, was more than he could stand. What she was suggesting this time was too much. Beyond too much. “Over my dead body… over my obliterated soul will I ever allow such a thing.” 


“And, let me tell you this, Jacob. If I end up one of these Demon cops, some attitudes around here are going to change. You understand? It’s called public relations, and if the public doesn't start to relate to you with the proper respect real damn quick, they’re going to have to answer to me. I’m fed up with the way they treat you, just as I’m fed up with being referred to as ‘the human,’ as someone might refer to ‘the smallpox.’ Your people are stuck up, snobby, prejudiced dorks, and they need some serious lessons in manners.”

Jacob and Bella as a couple are just hott! So much built up tension. Their chemistry was like POW! I was totally invested in their relationship. The story plot was good, and I found myself getting wrapped up into this new Paranormal world and couldn't put this book down. I love the secondary characters as much as the main and can't wait for their stories...... 

Their was only a few very little things that didn't work for me in this story that kept me from giving it a 5 star rating instead of a 4.5 and that is, there are a few lines in the story that were roll your eyes cheesy and The names Jacob and Bella. Every time I read those names I had Twilight flash backs.... other than that this book is great. Now I am on to the next book Gideon.




No comments:

Post a Comment