Sunday, January 4, 2015

Wild and Free

Book Review of Wild and Free (The Three)


Title: Wild and Free

Series: The Three

Author: Kristen Ashley

Date Published: December 29th 2014

The Blurb: Abel Jin and Delilah Johnson have lived their lives with a hole in their soul, yearning for something they don’t understand. 
Until one night Delilah is in mortal danger and a man who’s otherworldly strong and supernaturally fast saves her. Delilah is then cast into a world where fiction comes to life in the form of Abel, her destined mate, a vampire/werewolf hybrid who claims her at first breath as his.
But Abel knows the danger isn’t done. He’s dreamed for centuries that his mate will perish and he will stop at nothing to keep her safe.

For Delilah, she’s not only coping with fantasy come to life, but a mingling of very different families. Not to mention, she has on her hands a man who doesn’t understand his true nature and has lived his long life thinking he’s a monster.
Abel and Delilah together fills the hole that has been clawing at them for decades. But finally finding each other, it also tips their destinies as the last of The Three. They must unite with the other destined lovers, who with Abel and Delilah, are fated to save the world.
Or die trying.
 

My Review  


3.5 It was good, but so could have been better stars! Spoilers alert!!! 



I don't know what happened??? This series confuses the shit out of me. The first book I hated with a passion, the second book I freaking loved like crazy and this book that I was so looking forward to just fell flat! I don't know what it is but somethings just didn't work for me and I feel like it was missing something big. That being said I will try to review this book. First off the main couple Abel and Delilah like the book confused me.

Abel:
I like Abel. Liked that Abel was strong, loyal and very protective, like a alpha male should be. He was super Kickass,  and all kinds of double awesome being half vamp and half wolf and all. The one thing that I didn't like about him was that most of the time when he would talk it would be in incomplete sentences. Really most of the characters spoke in incomplete sentences and it was weird and kinda confusing at times.


“Terrific. I’m named after the brother who was murdered and you’re named after the bitch who stole her man’s strength and betrayed him to his enemies. Fuck.” His eyes came back to mine and he dropped his hand. “We’re screwed.”

Delilah:


Delilah didn't really have a personality in my opinion. She was suppose to be the best and most powerful of "The three" and all wild and free " Biker Bitch",but she seemed more like a blow up doll to me. 


Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please
I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees
Come jump in, bimbo friend, let us do it again,
Hit the town, fool around, let's go party
You can touch, you can play, if you say: "I'm always yours"
I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation

Yup that was Lilah for me! lol
P.S. I freakin hated that they kept calling their mates and wives Bitches I have read biker books and I can deal with ol lady but Bitches really?

Also the Story line really dragged on and parts of it got a little boring. Abel and Lilah's relationship was kinda rushed. I thought with the three couples that their powers would do something really cool and that they would all have to join their powers together or something to kick ass in the end (kinda like the power rangers lol) So the end battle was kind of a let down


But I loved seeing the other couples and the multi-pov. There was some sweet parts that I really enjoyed.

The sex was hott , but that is never a problem in Kristen Ashley books! I really loved Yuri and Aurora they made the book better for me. I think that Yuri needed his own novel. The last battle had a part in it that I was like OMG and I can't believe it. I got a little teary eyed  OMFG They Killed Gregor!!!
I liked a lot of the new characters and I loved getting to see Callum and Sonia again. They are my fav couple. I loved seeing the Three Couples becoming close friends. I loved how the humans were not stupid fear mongering idiots with pitchforks and torches. Something else that really bugged me is Abel kept telling Lilah that he could smell her C%*t. Eww That word is not sexy at all. Just saying you only use that word to insult someone not dirty talk!! Ever! And the Epilogue was good, but she could have gave us more closure there. I would have like to see a few years in the future, maybe let us see the couples happy with thier own  children ect..... Over all the book was good, but not great. 




No comments:

Post a Comment