Saturday, January 24, 2015

Locke

Book Review of Locke (Corps Security)


Title: Locke

Series: Corps Security

Author: Harper Sloan

Date Published: September 29th 2014

The Blurb: 
Darkness is the only thing I see. Ever since the day my life changed. The day that everything and everyone I held close to me ceased to exist. The day I lost it all and the demons of my past consumed my every waking moment.

I tried to keep others at arm’s length. Tried not to let my darkness taint them. Ruin them. Harm them. And whether I want to admit it or not, as much as I wish I could keep them locked out, they refuse to leave. Refuse to let me suffer alone.

If I hadn’t been so focused on keeping those demons from flying free, I wouldn’t have missed how one perfect angel was able to sneak her way under my skin—refusing to let go. Making me want things I don’t deserve.

She consumes me. Her beauty knows no end. The love she promises tempts me every time she’s near. But that pure heart that makes her MY Emmy is the one thing I’m convinced I’ll destroy if I ever let her close.

I’m a broken man. A broken man with too much darkness in his soul to ever let her light shine upon me. But even that doesn’t stop me from craving her with every single breath in my body.
 


My Review



4.5 sassy stars May have some Spoilers below 


OMG I was so worried when I started this book I have read a lot of mixed reviews on Locke, and after Cooper let me down, I was hoping it wouldn't fall flat. I almost put off reading it, but my OCD got the best of me and I had to finish the series. I am glad I did, because this book just worked for me. I was not disappointed. I loved this book! Damn but I love me some broken, tortured, heroes! 

This book is number 5 in the Corps Security Series and it is the long awaited book of Maddox Locke. Maddox has been Pushing Emmy away for years now, He knows he is a broken man with demons that won't let up, and he doesn't want to consume her light and sweetness with the darkness of his past. Emmy has been fighting for Maddox to let her in and let her love him for years now, after the death of Coop she just runs. Now Maddox is coming to bring Emmy home, but is it to late?


"I know what she wants, but I won't let my demons hurt her. Not my Emmy. Since day one, she has been my greatest temptation, but I refused to take everything innocent that is Emmy and let my blackness take her. Because that will happen. It will wrap around her soul and slowly choke the life out of her. Just like every other person I've allowed in.
I'll taint her. I'll ruin her. And in the end, it will destroy her."




Maddox:

Maddox is one hott mess. In this book we finally get to see Mad's past and what makes him the broken, tortured, man of few words that he is today. He has been told his whole life that he is evil and destroys everything that he gets close to. He has been used, abused, and betrayed by his mother the evil bitch, his brother the total bastard, and his whore of a ex-fiance. Add that with survivor's guilt from when he was in the military and you have my heart bleeding for Maddox Locke! 

"I'll stand by her side until I'm no longer wanted-and then, if that day ever comes, I'll throw her over my shoulder and carry her the rest of the way."




"No, Em, I don't expect you to believe me like that. But let's get one thing straight - it doesn't matter if you have any fight left in you because I'm going to fight hard enough for both of us now, angel. It's time for you to hand over all of that strength and maybe give me a few pointers, but it's time.... time to let me fight for us."



“Please don’t give up on me,” he whimpers



Emmy:

OMG Emmy was just as broken and messed up as her man.  Groomed since the age of 2 to be a stripper by her worthless parents and raped repeatedly by a man her parents picked to be her husband when she was only 10 years old.  We get to see how Emmy is saved by Coop so when Coop died protecting her again she can't deal with the guilt and she runs back to her old life. One thing I really loved about Emmy is that she was a fighter, sassy as hell and strong. 

"We all have baggage, Maddox. I wish that you could understand that I'm not asking for perfection. What you fail to realize is that I have two arms just begging for you to let me help you carry that baggage."



"I know exactly what I'm talking about. I know because my soul recognizes it's mate. It's kindred spirit. We both have our pain, Maddox. We both have the shame of our past and the fear it holds on the future. The only difference is you let that pain and fear rule your heart. And the difference in me is that I am willing to risk it all day in and day out for just a second of your love."


This book was angry sex heaven..... They were burning up my kindle! Their love story was beautiful the way they fought their demons together, and when Mad woke and decided to fight for him and Emmy Damn, but I swooned. 


I loved how all the ladies were there for Maddox in the hospital being his strength, like he had been there for each of them at some point... There was just a few little things that I felt were a little over the top and that is why I rated this one a 4.5 instead of a 5 star book , like the fact that this book glossed over the rape like it was no biggie, but maybe Harper Sloan didn't want it to get to dark, but I still feel like she should have had a little bit of a hard time with being raped repeatedly!  and I feel like there was way to much spanking going on just saying!!!

 really enjoyed this series and I feel like this book was a great end to the series, The epilogue was epic and I can't freaking wait for   

Coming out feb. 17th it's a spin off of this series picking up the stories of the children. Unexpected Fate is Cohen Cage and Danielle Reid!!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment