Friday, January 2, 2015

Consumed

Book Review of Consumed (Dark Protector series)


Title: Consumed


Series: Dark Protector


Author: Rebecca Zanetti


Date Published: July 5th 2012


The Blurb: 
SOMETIMES YOU MATE FOR LIFE Katie Smith is the best of her class, part of an elite hunting force trained to eliminate werewolves from the hills of Western Virginia. She's good at it because she has the kind of focus and drive that won't back down no matter how steep the odds. Call it southern sass. Whatever it is, there's no denying her willingness to risk everything for the only man she's ever cared about-a man on the verge of losing his very humanity...

SOMETIMES YOU MATE TO STAY ALIVE

For the past ten years Jordan Pride has dedicated his life to protecting his people from a deadly shifter virus. But in a rare moment of distraction, Jordan's guard drops just long enough for his fate to take an irreversible twist. Unless the woman he loves surrenders everything to him, again and again, under a full moon rising...

My Review



5 It's about Damn time stars

*Spoilers*

First read Dec 19th 2014
Reread Nov 26th 2016

“I believe I taught you not to swear at me. True?” She cleared her throat. “I’m not six years old anymore.” His lips tipped in almost a smile. “I know. And I guarantee when I spank you now, the end result will be much different than you throwing a stuffed pig at me and pouting for a week.”-Jordan and Katie

I have been waiting for Katie and Jordan's story since book one. Hot dayum talk about a sexy shifter romance. Rebecca Zanetti had been teasing me with sexual tension fulled bits of Katie and Jordan's relationship since Fated. I yearned for this book and it was so much better than I hoped. So it's been ten years since Katie has been infected with virus 27 causing her not to be able to shift. For the last ten years she has been hunting werewolves. Everything changes when the only man she ever loved, Jordan Alpha of the Pride, becomes infected with the virus. Now she will do anything she can to save him from changing into a werewolf and being killing by the next full moon in just a few days.

“I need you, Kate.” She nodded. Even after the kiss, she knew what he meant. “I know.” “Be strong. Help me figure out how to keep the nation together.” Pain and absolute determination settled across his face. “Help me leave you whole. I have to know you’re going to be okay if I—” “I’m not giving up.”-Jordan and Katie

*********************************************************************
“What about,” Katie cleared her throat, rolling her shoulders, “if we, I mean, what if we—” “Mated?” Amusement lifted the queen’s lips. “I truly don’t know.” She lost her smile. “Mating might work, might halt Jordan’s virus like it is in you ... or might turn you both into werewolves. When a shifter bites a mate, their physiology is altered, as you know. Forever. Who knows what would happen in this case.”-Katie and Emma

Jordan was one yummy, sexy cougar shifting, kick ass leader of the pride! I loved Jordan! He was so stubborn, loyal, and strong. He did what he had to, to keep his people safe. I loved getting to see how Jordan met and saved Katie when she was just a cub. Getting their backstory helped me understand their relationship more. Katie was amazing. She had really matured since the first book. She was always strong, brave, sassy and loyal, but now she had the wisdom of a woman ready to fight for what she wanted in life. Hot dayum the sexual tension between Jordan and Katie was crazy!!!!! And the mating OMG the MATING... was one of the sexiest mating scenes I have ever read. I loved the way she challenged him. At first I was all laughing at the things she was saying to goad him(he knew there was a good chance he would die so he was fighting mating Katie not wanting the mating to end up killing her instead of healing him like Katie and Emma hoped) , The way she kept calling him names and saying he was a coward then actually kicking his ass omg too funny, but then when Jordan had enough I was like "uh oh" 





 “Why did you kick me?” Low, guttural, the primal tone cut through the storm. “Because sniveling, fucking cowards should be put down and out of their misery,” she yelled over the increasing wind. The animal shimmered under his skin. Anger, deep and primal, harnessed and rode the breeze. She took a step back. Water from her bill dropped onto her nose. This was more than Jordan. Fear caught in her throat. “Jordan, I—” “One chance, Kathryn.” His voice didn’t even sound like him. “Turn and go back to headquarters. Now.” Doing so would end any chance she had of mating him. Of saving him. But did she have the courage to face whatever he was becoming? Moonlight slithered down, and he bared his teeth. His tight muscles seemed to vibrate in place as he held himself in check. Barely. She took a deep breath, fear buzzing in her ears. All or nothing. “Fuck you.” Pivoting, she ran-Jordan and Katie

This book had so much packed into it. I was like OMG OMG OMG Rebecca Zanetti was just dropping bombs on me left and right and it was so good. It was so fun seeing Janie and Garret growing up and Talen and Garrett freaking out about her wanting to date a panther shifter. OMG rolling.....

"That Panther... he looks at her funny." Emma snorted. "You're such a dork." Katie jumped off the table. "I suppose you'd rather Janie dated a vampire?" "Hell no." Talen lifted Cara and set her down gently on the table. "I'd rather she didn't date at all. In fact, she's too young. Period."-Talen, Emma, and Katie

"Dad? The panther called again. Thought you should know." Talen growled low. "That kid needs to be relocated somewhere else." Garrett nodded. "Yeah. He looks at Janie funny." "See?" Talen gestured wildly. "Even he sees it."-Garrett, and Talen



“You want me, you take me, Jordan. You fucking earn me.” -Katie

Zane, Kalin, and Janie's relationship changed a lot in this book. Poor Jase has been taken by the demons and who knows what is happening there. God my fun loving easy going Jase! There was so much action going on in this book I couldn't wait to see what would happen next! This book was AMAZING!! For real I loved the HEA that Katie and Jordan get It was so sweet, but poor Jase! A must read!!!!!!! Kane story is next yay!

"I love you, Kate. No matter what happens, every good memory I have is filled with you."-Jordan




No comments:

Post a Comment